Who wants my autograph????

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
GobbleGobble

Who wants my autograph????

Postby GobbleGobble » August 23rd, 2008, 5:02 pm

Hello Friends. I am a new person. I am OFICIALLY a published writer!!!

I would ask that all request for autographs please be patient... I have not decided how much to charge. The same goes to those who have questions to me (as a published writer ).... I feel like a little compensation is in order.

What am I talking about you ask? I am sorry, I thought everyone knew .

Take a look at the 2008 Fall edition of Turkey & Turkey Hunting magazine. Go to page 8 and read - Do You Miss Him.

I need to go now and make the opening of my door to my house wider... It seems as if my head is getting big ; )

Gobblerman

RE: Who wants my autograph????

Postby Gobblerman » August 27th, 2008, 1:24 pm

Hey GobbleGobble, congrats on your inclusion in the latest issue, and also to MAK, MAKEemQUIVER, and VA.ridgerunner, as well.  That's cool that the editors include comments from the forum guys in each issue. 

Having been there and done that, my recommendations to you are 1) Don't quit your day job just yet, and 2) Don't hold your breath waiting for the autograph seekers (LOL).  As for enlarging the doorway, it's best just to squeeze through for a while....that head will shrink back down before too long.

It does feel good, though, to know that someone actually noticed your posts, doesn't it?   Keep 'em comin'.

Jim

GobbleGobble

Postby GobbleGobble » August 28th, 2008, 5:55 am

What is up Gobblerman. I was hoping those reading this post were not taking me serious. I was just having a little fun.
It is cool seeing something I wrote end up in a kick a-- magazine (excuse my French).

Hurry up Fall..it is time to hunt turkeys!!!

Oh by the way Gobblerman- that will be 20 bucks for my response. I don.t have a way to process credit cards, so lets stick with cash or check for now : )

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » August 28th, 2008, 11:32 am

Check's in the mail, Dude....let me know if you don't get it in a few days....sometimes the mail is really slow in these parts....but keep looking!
Jim

MAKEemQUIVER

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » August 30th, 2008, 12:16 pm

I sort of felt like a little kid again, i was wanting to hang the page up on the refrigerator. Gobblerman if you find anyone wanting to sign us up let me know haha. It was pretty neat though.

GobbleGobble

Postby GobbleGobble » September 2nd, 2008, 1:28 pm

Uhhhhh.... on the refrigerator ???? MAKEemQUIVER- I put my copy on my bedroom wall so it is the first and last thing I see every day.

I suppose I could put my copy on the refrigerator too, but then I would have to move the fridge in to the bedroom.

I'm just saying .
For those who say tukeys are ugly... just add more gravy!

mark hay

Postby mark hay » September 3rd, 2008, 1:43 pm

Hey GOBBLEGOBBLE , COGRTULATIONS , well said .                 About the door , slap some bore butter behind each ear and back through the door . I have to do this myself each time I call in a bird or kill one. My wife thinks I'm crazy because I can't see the step and always wind up on my back in the dining room  floor with the storm door slapping my bony shins .

turk2di

Postby turk2di » September 8th, 2008, 1:21 am

Congrats on the published article. I would be proud too!

Va.ridgerunner

Postby Va.ridgerunner » September 12th, 2008, 7:04 am

The paparazzi are cramping my style.  Look out Will Primos!!!!

GobbleGobble

Postby GobbleGobble » September 12th, 2008, 7:43 am

I am sorry, Mr. GobbleGobble is not in his office right now (that is IF he had an office).
It seems as if the pressure of having to produce another Award Winning article (at least award winning in his mind), has caused him to go into seclusion...at least until the fall turkey season.

Just remember kids, fame (with no fortune ) ain't all it's cracked up to be.

GobbleGobble's Secretary
For those who say tukeys are ugly... just add more gravy!

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion