How's the Deer hunting going?

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Cut N Run

How's the Deer hunting going?

Postby Cut N Run » November 3rd, 2008, 4:41 am

Our muzzleloader season opens 11-8-08 and I am ready.  I have a good stand site and all my gear is ready.  I have been to the range and my firearms are zeroed. 

I was just wondering if anybody else has already started & how thier luck has been?

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Va.ridgerunner

RE: How's the Deer hunting going?

Postby Va.ridgerunner » November 3rd, 2008, 6:51 am

Have gotten a little bow hunting in.  4pt, 6pt and doe so far.  Black poweder opened for us 11-1, never saw a deer.  Will be taking my son on 11-8 for his 8th birthday.  Hope the weather is good!

grunt_doc

Postby grunt_doc » November 3rd, 2008, 7:08 am

I don't bow hunt, so I am still waiting for the nov 15th opener!!!!!  I'm spending veteran's Day out of work an in the woods.  Another combo turkey hunt/deer scout.  The last day for fall turkey is the 14th and it looks like it's tag stew for Thanksgiving.
Marlinspike Lanyards

1greathunt

Postby 1greathunt » November 3rd, 2008, 9:54 am

Our rifle season starts Nov. 15 also, we have a group of clients coming in for the start of season. We've seen some really nice bucks so far, our neighbor shot a real nice 5x5 mulie with a bow. I'm like a kid at Christmas, I can hardly wait for opening day.
Jim
www.1greathunt.com

Jim Kuhn...www.1greathunt.com.....jim@1greathunt.com

grizzly

Postby grizzly » November 3rd, 2008, 10:03 pm

been bow hunting seeing some nice bucks just not in shooting range. gun season starts in two weeks ca'nt wait.

zipperman351

Postby zipperman351 » November 5th, 2008, 2:24 pm

Had the zipper recurve with me last night,6 pointer comes in at 515 he leaves and less then ten min a big 8 with 12inch g twos..in the cut corn at 40 yards and stoped for a gunt tube but does on his mind...away he went at a trout...Ill be in there agin thursdat eving....zipperman

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » November 6th, 2008, 3:22 am

I'm going to take off some time from work today and get my stand hung so all I have to do is show up on Saturday with my muzzleloader and the proper hunting attitude.

One of the other guys in the lease saw a good buck last week not too far from where I'm hunting.  They move around so much this time of year, he could be in another County by now.  *fingers crossed for luck*

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

joel

Postby joel » November 6th, 2008, 9:29 am

got  a doe and a 3pt buck so far still got tags .havent seen any turkeys .which is odd they are usually together

wordbird

Postby wordbird » November 7th, 2008, 10:57 am

I killed a 7 point a week ago today with my bow and took a doe Thursday evening and another Friday morning with my CVA ML.
"The only absolute in turkey hunting is that there are no absolutes."

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » November 7th, 2008, 1:33 pm

When I got out of the woods from hanging my stand, the property owner told me he saw a pretty nice buck within about 200 yards of where I hung my stand a couple of days before.  He siad it had a tall rack, but couldn't tell how wide it was.  Maybe I'll get a good look at him tomorrow.
Luck Counts, good or bad

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion