Stocking Stuffer...Goulds Style

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Gobblerman

Stocking Stuffer...Goulds Style

Postby Gobblerman » December 23rd, 2008, 11:40 am

Any of you that are looking for a unique stocking stuffer might want to read this.

The New Mexico Game Commission has authorized two tags for a spring Goulds turkey hunt in 2009.  This is the first hunt for Goulds in the modern era for the only indigenous Goulds population in the U.S.  One tag is being auctioned on the NWTF website (see their on-line auctions), and one tag is being raffled off between now and the beginning of March. 

There are 3000 tickets available in the raffle at $10 each.  The raffle hunt winner can either use the hunt themselves or they can sell, barter, trade, or otherwise dispose of the tag however they want (the tag can likely be sold for several thousand dollars).  The monies raised in both the auction and the raffle will be used to support Goulds wild turkey management efforts in New Mexico. 

If any of you out there in T&TH forum-land are interested in obtaining raffle tickets for this hunt, please let me know (you can p.m. me).  ...Or if anyone would like more information on this hunt, I can post it here.

Hurry...Christmas is right around the corner!

Jim

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion