Anybody Ever Have to Do "#1 or #2" In Their Pants While Turkey Approaching?

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
shadow

RE: Anybody Ever Have to Do "#1 or #2" In Their Pants While Turkey Approaching?

Postby shadow » June 4th, 2008, 2:27 pm

Fan Club, If only your brother in-law had on his Depends diapers, or just crapped in his pants as dluders thinks some people may do, he would have had that bird!
Congrats to you and good thinking on your brother in-laws part for not soiling his pants, it saved him from a lifetime of ridicule and embarasement.

Tail Feathers

Postby Tail Feathers » June 14th, 2008, 6:44 am

A turkey ain't worth all that!  And a turkey is worth a LOT...[;)]

mark hay

Postby mark hay » December 26th, 2008, 11:18 am

i been avoiding this thread for months,,,now i'm glad i finally read it . is dluders for real ? first off i ain't filled my pants since i was housebroke,,, i mean potty trained. secondly i like to think i've enough sense to relieve myself properly even if i have to bump a bird to do it.
lastly WHO could continue to hunting on any given day if they did wet or fill their pants?
i said it before ,,, i don't have to kill him to have a good hunt!!
someone else said, if you bump him today,just means you get to hunt him again ,,,sumpin like 'at.

silvestris

Postby silvestris » December 27th, 2008, 1:26 am

What a shi**y topic.
Why be good when you can B-Mobile or Spin & Strut.

eddie234

Postby eddie234 » December 27th, 2008, 8:57 am

Don't think I could go in my pants even if I tried. I think I could hold it long enough to get the tom.

wordbird

Postby wordbird » December 27th, 2008, 2:37 pm

A potty stop in the predawn light is almost as satisfying as the first gobble. In fact, I've heard the first gobble lots of times during the potty stop. As far as during a set up, I have rolled to the side a few times to dump the coffee but I'll spook a bird before I go in my pants.
"The only absolute in turkey hunting is that there are no absolutes."

JPH

Postby JPH » December 27th, 2008, 4:54 pm

I actually think this is a great topic. Nobody likes to talk about it, but it does happen!

It has caused me more trouble as a deer hunter than as a turkey hunter, because it's hard to deal with #2 under your stand, but it is an issue either way. I have had to cut deer hunts short and have had to move with gobblers in the field because of bowel issues.

This deer season I found a solution. As gross as it seems a glycerin suppository as soon as you get up will clean out any threat of a BM in the field.

I know it sounds harsh, but I guess you have to ask yourself, "How bad do you want it?" [:D] 

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » December 27th, 2008, 6:10 pm

I can't say I agree with Joe that this is a great topic, and I, like Mark, have been avoiding it like the plague.  But, Billy's comment about hearing that first gobble, while in the act, reminded me of a spring-hunt morning two years ago.  The evening before, I had heard a gobbler up on a ridge, so the next morning, a friend and I headed up there in the predawn darkness.  We got to the general area where I thought the gobbler would be while it was still quite dark, and I felt the urge coming on, so I told my buddy that I was going to walk off aways to relieve myself while we waited for the first gobble.  I wandered off about fifty yards to the base of a big pine and proceeded to "drop trow".  Well, wouldn't you know it, right in the middle of the endeavor, the gobbler let loose from the pine tree right above my head. ...I think I may have developed a new "locator call"!  (Oh, and by the way, we did not kill that bird....imagine that!) Image

Jim

mark hay

Postby mark hay » December 28th, 2008, 1:32 am

mornin' Jim
again , i was avoiding this thread,and only got into it out of boredom. but i must say that reading all of this s**t was worth it to be able to read your post ,,,,,,,,,,,,that my friend is a classic.

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » December 28th, 2008, 5:50 pm

HI GOBBLERMAN

IF YOU COULD GET THAT ON THE SHELVES BEFORE THE SEASON YOU COULD PROBABLY MAKE A MILLION.
THE ONLY PROBLEM WOULD BE THE NAME.

TURKEYBUSTER

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion