Anybody Ever Have to Do "#1 or #2" In Their Pants While Turkey Approaching?

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
dluders

Anybody Ever Have to Do "#1 or #2" In Their Pants While Turkey Approaching?

Postby dluders » May 25th, 2008, 7:38 am

You've been turkey hunting for hours, and just before you decide to leave, a Tom Turkey is approaching your decoy.  You ate and drank too much breakfast before you sat down, and now you DON'T WANT TO MOVE.  Do you "relieve yourself" in your hunting camos, or do you get up and scare the Tom off?  Have YOU ever had this dilemma, or do you know SOMEBODY ELSE who had a #1 or #2 in their pants?  Turkeys DON'T have a good sense of smell, after all....    

shadow

RE: Anybody Ever Have to Do "#1 or #2" In Their Pants While Turkey Approaching?

Postby shadow » May 25th, 2008, 9:34 am

I think most people would say that the feeling of wanting to "go" will subside once your attention is focused on something else, in this case a turkey coming in.
So no, when I know that I may need to "go" I will not eat a large breakfast, or for that matter anything, why load up on food and put yourself in that situation. If I need to take a leak, well then hold it until you shoot the bird, or if you are not seeing any at the time, zip down, lean over and go. Why would anyone feel they should need to piss in their pants or for that matter soil them.
If I am deer hunting the same is true, no food, no pooh. Or, take a leak off your stand or into a bottle.

And I have never seen ANYONE that walked out of the woods smelling like they crapped themselves or with their pants wet from peeing in them.

If thats something someone feels they can't avoid then buy some adult diapers.

Singin

Postby Singin » May 25th, 2008, 9:43 am

Well, You asked!!!

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » May 25th, 2008, 12:10 pm

I'm with Shadow.  I take care of business before I hit the woods and I don't eat breakfast before hunting. I eat an apple on the way to where I'm hunting and chase it with a little water. I take a leak myself before I get set up and hang on the best I can.  Hopefully, everything works out and I have to pee from being so excited from just having leveled a nice Gobbler.

If you have to drop a load, that is all you are thinking about and you lose your focus.  If your stomach is growling, you are thinking how nice it would be to eat some fresh Turkey....at least I am anyway.

I keep trail mix in my vest and a big lunch in a cooler at the truck.  Plus, I hunt a lot meaner when I'm hungry.  You tend to make the shot count if it is not just a hobby.

Just how I see it.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

swpatrkyhunter

Postby swpatrkyhunter » May 26th, 2008, 5:00 pm

Well...... I must agree with the other guys. I have on occasion drank too much coffee before hitting the woods. BUT... When I get to where I am going to hunt I do my #1 BEFORE I Get to my setup spot. And If I feel the urge while sitting. If I hear a gobble It is no longer on my mind. But if it is quit and I really can't hold it I will Call once more and if I don't hear or see anything then I will Stand up and releive myself. Going in your pants is just plain silly! If you got the runs or something. Drink some pepto before leaving the house. And I NEVER eat breakfast before a hunt. At best I chew on some beef jerky while in the woods and take a canteen of water.   Just my opinion!

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » May 27th, 2008, 12:20 pm

I get 5 miles a morning out of 2 cookies and 1 cup of coffee, drink of gatorade and 1 pack of
peanutbutter crackers at 9 am.
Never have a problem,bring the birds on!
However this condition could occur if I sat on a timber rattler[:-]

Dank

Postby Dank » May 29th, 2008, 4:15 pm

Can't say that I have, but if you have thats what I call dedication. What I really want to know is who actually has time to eat breakfast before heading to the woods? I'm usually dragging ass in the morning and try to get every last second of sleep possible. So, I'm doing good to remember to get something to drink on my way out the door much less what you could call breakfast. Oh, and for the sake of discussion who brushes their teeth before heading out? I know I cant be the only one whose hygiene goes to hell in a handbasket during hunting season. LOL   
Failure is often our best teacher.

GobbleGobble

Postby GobbleGobble » June 3rd, 2008, 6:15 pm

Hello my turkey friends. Can I just say that I am sitting here at my sons baseball game LAUGHING my rear end off!!!! This post might of intended on being a serious question- but I can't help laugh. I guess it's a good thing I am wearing my depends... because I just peed my pants : (

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » June 4th, 2008, 3:19 am

I noticed that David, who started this thread, failed to mention if he has had an incident with this particular dilema. If not, I smell a perversion.

Two years ago, I shot a dandy boss gobbler while my brother in law was taking a crap.                                                                                 

He had the bird sort of roosted, just off a powerline on some private property. His girl friend saw the gobbler from the road, several nights in a row, strutting with several hens on a homeowner's lawn just before fly up. We came down the powerline at dawn and tried some locator calls but didn't get a response. Not exactly knowing if the henned up tom was roosted there, we discussed going somewhere else as it was already daylight and there was no gobbling.

Chris then says "I gotta crap" and heads into some small saplings off the powerline. I decided to walk down a two track a little ways to listen for turkeys and avoid bearing witness to his daily constitution. When I got to where I could see the two track connected to the back yard of the home in the distance, I heard a turkey clucking. I immediately sat down in the middle of the two track without a tree or any cover. I got a push pin call from my vest and started tapping it against my leg, imitating the hen's clucks. The lead hen got to the trail head and eyeballed the blob in the trail for what seemed like an eternity. When she moved on, another hen and a jake took her place and just stared at me for several minutes. Then another hen. My arms were burning from holding the gun and not moving a muscle for over ten minutes as they finally moved on. Eventually the cautious gobbler, bringing up the rear, got to the trail head and I dumped him with a 35 yard shot. I rolled over onto the trail, rubbing my arms, and saw Chris about 50 yards behind me standing behind a slight rise in the two track watching. He had finished his business and witnessed the end of the stalk.

We still laugh about that hunt and he insists that I "shot his gobbler." Of course I always remind him, "Well, if you didn't have to take that dump..."

JB
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » June 4th, 2008, 4:13 am

Knowing what goes in must come out, I plan accordingly.
A cup of joe on the drive in, some gatorade and trail mix in the fanny pack,
and of course always pack the Charmin just in case,and try to relieve your self
before you sit down.
     Just in case you do have to stand up and take a squirt,be careful, and take
 a good look around before you stand,after you stand, and after you walk a few
steps to squirt somewhere besides your sitting spot, look around. Always be vigilant.

Oh yeah, and never,ever, under any circumstances, do you leave your weapon further than arms reach away.
Two times, I've been caught with the wrong gun in my hand,and my weapon was just 10 feet away.
A big turk in W.Va. this last season, and a big,over 300", bull elk during Id. archery last fall.

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE
                                                      L.K.LESLIE

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion