How many...

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
trkynut54

RE: How many...

Postby trkynut54 » January 31st, 2009, 3:53 am

I just like to talk turkey
Don't hunt harder hunt smarter

deja vu

Postby deja vu » January 31st, 2009, 4:16 am

Never really thought about it that way. I like many others just like to talk turkey. I know some guys have met, and hunted together, but I allways thought of it as more of a by-product... not the object. I certainly see what you are saying though and can see it being a point to ponder.

Morgan

Postby Morgan » January 31st, 2009, 4:28 am

I rarely hunt with anyone in the spring other than my son....on the occasions that I've had somebody come...I show em the lines and let them hunt alone...while I hunt another area....any guest of mine better follow the game laws...or I will put my warden neighbor on em...and send em home...
...Old Timers Gobbler Club...

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » January 31st, 2009, 4:51 am

[:D][:D]i'm going to start requesting a resume...

grunt_doc

Postby grunt_doc » January 31st, 2009, 4:51 am

I hunt on public land.  I think it's just hunter's courtesy not to hunt another's spot.  Some of the guys we share the deer woods with I only see one or two days a year, but we know who they are, if vaguely, and where they hunt.  I feel that public land is just that.  Anyone who wants to know about it can and should. 

As far as inviting other forum members on hunts, I would at least make sure I have interacted with them on the forum, email, phone, ect.  You can get a feel for them prior to the hunt.  They would get treated just like any other hunting partner: break the laws/safety rules ONCE and you're gone.  I'm suprisingly NOT synical about this.  I feel that 99.9% of hunters are lawful, ethical, good stweards of the land.  That being said, anyone who wants to hunt upstate NY, let me know![;)]

greyghost

Postby greyghost » January 31st, 2009, 4:55 am

That is some food to ponder over. Anyone that I invite are free to stay in the house or RV set up out back. If they are rude or disrespectful in any manner, they are gone. That does not include when we are in the turkey room polightly discussing [:@] turkey hunting and the wife has to come down to break it up. [>:]

If they are new I will go with them to put them on birds. Once there, they are on their own. If they break any laws they are toast.

greyghost

Postby greyghost » January 31st, 2009, 4:56 am

ORIGINAL: trkyklr

i'm going to start requesting a resume...

[:D][:D]  With references....[:D]

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » January 31st, 2009, 6:19 am

HEY GOHST

Are you going to make the Harrisburg Sportsman Show?
Is so let me know.

TB
GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » February 2nd, 2009, 11:56 am

Although I don't get on here to try to get someone to give away the location of their honeyhole, I am certainly interested in getting new ideas on where to go for a good hunt, especially for a subspecies other than the ones I hunt regularly.  I have had quite a few turkey hunting guests come out here and hunt with our little group of turkey fanatics, and I can honestly say I have never had a bad experience with any of them.  True, there have been a few that "surprised" me in that they turned out to be somewhat different than what I expected, but every single one has been a pleasure to have in our camp.  I have found, as a general rule, that serious turkey hunters are a pretty good bunch of people, and pretty much have their heads screwed-on straight (uh, that is,..as screwed on straight as a serious turkey hunters head can be Image)

Jim

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » February 2nd, 2009, 12:09 pm

trkyklr.....glad i met you..... i had a great time hunting with you in tenn.....dispite the lack of birds....and it was good hooking up with you at ft campbell for the last hunt of the season ...glad i met you on the forum[:)]

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion