shrooms

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
chadb

RE: shrooms

Postby chadb » February 15th, 2009, 7:15 pm

ORIGINAL: arrowsonly

I hunt in SE MN most years and there is one group that comes with a 45' motor home w/all the fixen's 5/6 guys can sometimes pick near 100 pounds @ 75 bucks a pound were they Fed Ex them to out the east coast ! Chef's in high end resturants will pay top dollar for "fresh" mushrooms...   

They are courtious to the hunters and wait till 10 am before going out and will stay out of your spot if you stay in one spot. I hunt with a bow so I sit all day from 4:30 am to somtimes 8:30 pm in late May.  So I just found a new spot, now I have had "bird watchers" on my Hazel Creek decoys spread!

When i saw the title to this thread i didnt know what kind of "shrooms" yall where talkin about. LOL. I was in Kentucky couple years back hunting with a college friend whose family owned a large dairy farm. He introduced me to "shrooms" for the first time. The first time was my last time aswell. They didnt taste to good, but they sell for alot more than 75 bucks a pound.
come on spring time!!!

RutnNStrutn

RE: shrooms

Postby RutnNStrutn » February 15th, 2009, 10:30 pm

ORIGINAL: chadb
When i saw the title to this thread i didnt know what kind of "shrooms" yall where talkin about. LOL. I was in Kentucky couple years back hunting with a college friend whose family owned a large dairy farm. He introduced me to "shrooms" for the first time. The first time was my last time aswell. They didnt taste to good, but they sell for alot more than 75 bucks a pound.

LOL!!!  Too funny!!! [:D]
We've got plenty of "those mushrooms" down here in Florida, but it's the morels that I am interested in!!! [;)]
Proud Member of the NRA, NWTF and UWF!

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Legal = ethical, so if you don't like it, don't do it!!

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion