Enclosed Turkey Blinds...

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
turkeydoghunter

RE: Enclosed Turkey Blinds...

Postby turkeydoghunter » February 13th, 2009, 1:44 pm

ORIGINAL: TurkeyComander

Maybe Larry Leslie will tell us about you hunting out of a blind ?
maybe willyjOe can tell us how many deer and turkeys you  shot for him.....

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » February 13th, 2009, 1:54 pm

and for the record folks when i hunted with the doofy comander in 1995...in his state.... ol big loother had a pole blind he constucted out of wood dowle rods and camo neting that he rolled up and carried with him on a sling....guess he graduated from that....i still giggle when i think about it ...even more now that hes  knocking good hunters and their kids that use   them  ...wow hard to believe that one....he sounds like a hippocrite

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » February 13th, 2009, 5:33 pm

You guys are a HOOT!  We need to get you two in a ring so you can grab each other by the snood!  Image

Jim

RutnNStrutn

Postby RutnNStrutn » February 13th, 2009, 7:28 pm

ORIGINAL: silvestris

If you are implying that we must turn this forum into a lovefest, I am out of here.  Every turkey hunting subject should be up for discussion.  It matters not whether I approve of someone else's methods, but it matters a great deal that his and my methods are subject for open discussion.  The fact that we fight among ourselves over these methods in no way separates us when attacked by the antis.  I feel secure in the knowledge that when our sport is attacked, we will be united.

Silvestris, I am by no means suggesting that this, or any, forum, be a love fest.  However, I have been on many forums for many years, and seen many posts exactly like this one where a hunter who doesn't like a particular method of hunting, challenges that method.  Yes, despite TC's denial, it does indeed pit hunter vs. hunter. 
I stand by my statement.  If you don't like it, don't do it.  But, if it is legal, support your fellow hunters' rights to use that method.  If we don't stand together, we will all fall together at the hands of the anti's.

As for this place being a love fest, hardly so.  I hate forums where the guys argue and bash each other.  Where is the enjoyment in that???
Proud Member of the NRA, NWTF and UWF!

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Legal = ethical, so if you don't like it, don't do it!!

SamuraiTater

Postby SamuraiTater » February 13th, 2009, 8:22 pm

So what have we determined, that it isn't ethical unless you hunt naked with a long bow ?  [;)]

icdedturkes

Postby icdedturkes » February 13th, 2009, 9:35 pm

My only beef with the blind is this, I hate when bowhunters sit in a blind shoot a turkey and go "and I got him with my bow" Shaking there fist like they have a come up with an alternative for the internal combusion engine. The blind eliminates the only disadvantage a bowhunter has, drawing back on a turkey. I have seen many modern bowhunters that love to shoot that could easily kill a turkey at the range of modern shotshells.

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » February 14th, 2009, 2:57 am

how sitting   in a grass shack  on  mami  beeeach florida  look en for an osecola [:D]

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » February 14th, 2009, 3:18 am

ORIGINAL: TurkeyComander

I brought that short blind because I was hunting with a novice....when I went with you this fall I found I was still hunting with a novice. 
I should have brought it for you and maybe you wouldn't have spooked the gobblers.

In case you missed it this thread is about the use of enclosed blinds.
loooooooowa ther your arm must be sore from patting your self on the back you remind me of that cartoon .....mark hay remember this commander Mcbragg....know one cares about your lies about blinds ...you used that blind way before i got there and i had been hunting 10 years before that.... novice i think not....... command Mc bragg....your not the greatest......a blind by anyother name is still a blind.......and as for mr leslie the guy you had the game warden investigate,,,,,and his double bull blind....that was my fist time in one ...it was down pouring rain and trkyklr can tell you ...he  was the host and we   were not happy about it and couldnt wait for it  to get light enough for the birds to be on the ground so i could run my dog and did so.... total blind time 45mins......werent no turkeys there anyways.....i guess when you travel 860 miles and the host and his friend say were going here and try this you grit your teeth and go with the flow.......

greyghost

Postby greyghost » February 14th, 2009, 3:49 am

As for this place being a love fest, hardly so. I hate forums where the guys argue and bash each other. Where is the enjoyment in that???

Hey Rut, I may be sadistic myself, but if you think this place is bad or other forums, mostly the debating, all I see is panssy anssy (mild). You have every right to say whatever is on your mind. Sometimes honesty is not always the best policy, but also, there are a couple forums I do not post on any more for the simple fact that there were never any real diccussions going on. Everyone was agreeing with the other or saying what great and wounderfull looking and sounding calls they had or made, when in reality. Now, I see by just looking in once and a while on those sites that there is hardly any more posting or there own members are saying how dull it is.

Sometimes a heated debate gets a lot more answers and opinions out there then just the Oh really type response. I also know no one wants to  really offend another unless of course there are unknow issues that others are not aware of. I know I cannot articulate well at all and maybe will offend you with this post or someone else, but I do not really mean to if I have.

Believe it or not even as hard headed as I am I have picked up a couple new things to think about on this thread. And like to thank everyone who posted with whatever and however.

So far as TC and TGH, they keep things interesting and have some good input on things. And as far as new hunters or thinking about hunting read the posts and debates I think they all can read between the lines.

I know when I have friends staying at the house during turkey season my wife is the ref that comes down to the turkey room and waives the white flag. (literally)

Some folks are a little more sensitive then others and we all know this and I have seen apologies not only here but other boards when it seems someone was offended and the offender made right or when someone was proven wrong.

I just wish we all had the energy to stand up to our government on issues as well as we seem to do on these boards with one another.

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » February 14th, 2009, 4:51 am

Imagehear hear!!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion