Enclosed Turkey Blinds...

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
swpatrkyhunter

RE: Enclosed Turkey Blinds...

Postby swpatrkyhunter » February 12th, 2009, 5:48 pm

I respect the opinion of others in regards to the use of blinds. it seems there are many differant opinions from many of us on this subject. What i did not care for was the fact that anyone who stated an opinion on this post in favor of useing a blind for one reason or another seemed to get treated with indifferance which is not fair or adult in any manner. Some of you may have been able to get kids out there without a blind without problems and that is great. but not all children are the same. Times are not the same. With each year the numbers are not rising in our ranks like they did years ago. Each generation gets more techno savvy and the push for kids to succeed takes it's toll. As i had stated before, an arguement can be made about alot of the tools and gear we now use today in our hunting endevors. I seem to remember seeing heated debtes over the use of decoys or turkey dogs in these forums. I have seen it stated many times over in these forums that confidance is a major factor to the hunt! If someone has a disability or other factors to give reason to use a blind why is it wrong? TC Responded to this by bringing up how someone he knew got out in a wheelchair without a blind and got birds. Thats great! But everyone is not that guy. My Dad has only one hand. And he was dominant in the hand he lost. He taought himself how to shoot and do everything left handed. But he does not go around and look down on anyone who can't bounce back the way he did. because he knows hte hard road it is. When i first got into these forums pages I was so happy to find a place where guys could chat about this sport and trade stories and ideas to help eachother. Now anymore it seems like a place for people to vent and argue over things. And that my friends makes me sad! Can we please get back to just talking turkey and if you post a question of opinion from others don't get on a high horse because everyone does not share the same opinion as you do.

StevePA

Postby StevePA » February 12th, 2009, 6:27 pm

Heres one we blinded....

Just wanted ya all to see the spurs on that bad boy...Did I mention the double beard?..
turkeykiller

StevePA

Postby StevePA » February 12th, 2009, 6:36 pm

The "light" from this thread is blinding me....

turkeykiller

swpatrkyhunter

Postby swpatrkyhunter » February 12th, 2009, 6:38 pm

Great bird Steve! Thats a nice set of spurs on it too!

StevePA

Postby StevePA » February 12th, 2009, 6:41 pm

Dont worry though fellas...The first one she shot at age 12 walked by us at a mere ten feet and didnt spook...She was sitting between my legs by a big ol oak tree....[:D][:D][:D][:D]
turkeykiller

icdedturkes

Postby icdedturkes » February 12th, 2009, 6:49 pm

Awesome pics Steve and Earl

I see both sides of this argument and really dont give a crap either way. As stated earlier I hunted outta one once, and see it more as a disadvantage than an advantage for my style of hunting.

greyghost

Postby greyghost » February 12th, 2009, 7:32 pm

Steve, Steve, Steve.... Are those decoys in the background there? [:D][;)]

Great spurs on that one Steve. No, you did not mention the double beard.

StevePA

Postby StevePA » February 13th, 2009, 2:25 am

Blinds have been around for like forever in some way shape or form...now they are advanced...just like turkey calls....btw....Do you find it ok and acceptable to hunt waterfowl out of a blind?....Really no difference...
turkeykiller

StevePA

Postby StevePA » February 13th, 2009, 2:27 am

ORIGINAL: greyghost

Steve, Steve, Steve.... Are those decoys in the background there? [:D][;)]

Great spurs on that one Steve. No, you did not mention the double beard.

Yep....and that particular turkey paid absolutely ZERO attention to them......ask my kids...and the one that was missed that morning also paid zzzZERO attention also...
turkeykiller

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » February 13th, 2009, 3:22 am

anyone know...if davis ,jordon,everett, Mcllahaney,or tom turpin....hunted from blinds....i know some of em shot them out of the trees with riffles......i would say surely these are old time hunters[:D]

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion