Enclosed Turkey Blinds...

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
tracebusta32

RE: Enclosed Turkey Blinds...

Postby tracebusta32 » February 15th, 2009, 12:50 pm

TC my sensitive friend and enclosed blind does not conceal all movement unless your totally zipped up....and it cause you to move more IMO but they do conceal you enough for some movement.

Camo does in fact blind some of your movement from the turkey, thats why the leafy wear works IMO, when the breeze blows your suit will move with it thus allowing you some movement
Malachi 4:5-6
My Brother: WMB

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » February 15th, 2009, 3:23 pm

TC
Leafy wear is the most effective camo in the woods I wouldn't hunt in anything else but you still have to be still. You can get away with somewhat more movement than with regular camo such as re positioning before smack down etc.
TB

RutnNStrutn

Postby RutnNStrutn » February 15th, 2009, 10:16 pm

ORIGINAL: TurkeyComander
Rutt to debate you need to.........

TC, you ever hear the saying, "You bore me moron, buzz off."  In other words, I'm through playing your game.  Nothing I post will be good enough for you, and you will continue to attack me like the low esteem jerk that you are.  I won't waste my time with your garbage any more.  Go find someone else to annoy.
Proud Member of the NRA, NWTF and UWF!

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Legal = ethical, so if you don't like it, don't do it!!

grizzly

Postby grizzly » February 16th, 2009, 3:47 am

i don't use blinds i used one once and felt bad about it here's the story there was a big tom i was hunting one spring he would fly down to the middle of my big hay feild every morning well out of shooting range i try every call i had to get him to come in but he just call the hens to him do his deed then fly off there was a big round bale 20 yards form where he landed so one night  i replaced the bale with a bale blind a friend had sure enough he landed in the same spot the next day an i shot him at first i feit good about it but after thinking about i really cheated the old boy and i decided hunting out of a blind was'nt for me that being said if hunters want to use one that's up to them

swpatrkyhunter

Postby swpatrkyhunter » February 16th, 2009, 5:31 am

BRAVO RUT! Tc says he wants a debate but the longer this thread goes the more appearant it is that he just wants to make himself seem superior to everone here! All through this thread some valid points have been made on both side of the issue. Only problem is TC don't really want to hear them!  Saying that A turkeys ONLY means of defense is their eyesight is absured! Turkeys can pinpoint your location to the tree after your first call! I would call that an advantage if you ask me! Points like this have been made but ignored by Tc. Hard to debate when certain points are being ignored. Anyway. I have grown tired of this thread and I am sure this lastest posting of mine will not go without some degree of insult to my intellect. So with that I am outta here!

swpatrkyhunter

Postby swpatrkyhunter » February 16th, 2009, 7:00 am

Prove that is isn't!

We all know that a trukey can pinpoint your location with your first call!
 I would say that is a pretty good defense for them! If you cough or make any noise that a turkey does not like it can spook them just the same as movement! Not only that but Turkeys know their area they run in. With their eyesight being so good is it not logical to think that a large dark object popping up overnight in a place that was empty before would not spook them as well? In my opinion the advantage is to be in the open sitting with your back against a tree in the shade with your back to the sun. Depending on the time of day would not the sun blind them too?  OH MY! Will useing the sun to your back be considerd blinding them as well? LOL! Point is. Sitting against a tree gives you the hunter the advantage. You can setup quickly, see around you better, and get a better idea where the gobbles are coming from! As for argueing about the use of blinds giving an unfair advantage the same can be said about many of the things used. Such as turkey dogs! I have no problem with it as long it is legal in the area your hunting, but to sit there and say the use of blinds is "UNFAIR' and at the same time be for the use of dogs does kinda make you a hiprocrite! Anybody can take a tool used for hunting and cry unfair. Usually though it's the anti's out there doing it! But you admitted to using a blind before TC. Although you stated it was not enclosed it It goes against your signature of " Where's the challenge when you blind your opponent"  Kind of contradicts your standing don't it?

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion