State Turkey Biologist Responses to Peak Season

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
tracebusta32

RE: State Turkey Biologist Responses to Peak Season

Postby tracebusta32 » February 18th, 2009, 4:29 am

Steve I don't know what part of the state you a re from but everybody knows that the average temp for PA is 10 degrees warmer in March than in Feb and 11 degrees warmer in April than in March come on big buddy dont be so mad at me.
 Im just trying to pass the time and have productive conversations now we could talk about decoys,blinds, turkey dogs, killing hens etc but haven't we done that laready this year? 
Malachi 4:5-6
My Brother: WMB

tracebusta32

Postby tracebusta32 » February 18th, 2009, 4:31 am

Wis, Andrea must have only emailed you the good part  [:)][:)]

ORIGINAL: wisturkeyhunter

ORIGINAL: Fan Club

"

[size=150]The breeding season for wild turkeys
occurs during spring when increasing daylength triggers breeding behavior (gobblingand strutting) in males."
[/size]

That's correct. In the interest of full disclosure one more sentence should be added-

Current weather conditions, food availability, and hunting pressure, which all affect turkey behavior, can and will influence breeding behavior. 

Bottom line.

I don't know where you got that but it says nothing of weather where I got my quote from the Wi dnr website.

wisturkeyhunter

Postby wisturkeyhunter » February 18th, 2009, 4:34 am

ORIGINAL: tracebusta32

Wis, Andrea must have only emailed you the good part  [:)][:)]

ORIGINAL: Fan Club

[quote]ORIGINAL: wisturkeyhunter

"

[size=150]The breeding season for wild turkeys
occurs during spring when increasing daylength triggers breeding behavior (gobblingand strutting) in males."
[/size]

That's correct. In the interest of full disclosure one more sentence should be added-

Current weather conditions, food availability, and hunting pressure, which all affect turkey behavior, can and will influence breeding behavior. 

Bottom line.

I don't know where you got that but it says nothing of weather where I got my quote from the Wi dnr website.

[/quote]
or fan club is a liar. I never emailed her why would I waste her time with this stupid crap.

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » February 18th, 2009, 4:35 am

> I don't know where you got that but it says nothing of weather where I got my quote from the Wi dnr website. <

I know that. I added it because it needs to be there. The big picture of this whole breeding/gobbling/mating topic as it relates to turkey hunters is not as black and white as the single sentence you posted. The other factors I mentioned influence breeding behavior once it has been triggered.

Edit*- OK, going back and reading the last several posts, I can see where you misinterpreted the word disclosure as indicating that you didn't cut and paste the entire statement. That's not the case and Trace stirred the pot a little for you. I'm merely pointing out that for the sake of this entire debate the other factors need to be mentioned.

That is all. No name calling or ruffled feathers required. [;)]
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

tracebusta32

Postby tracebusta32 » February 18th, 2009, 4:40 am

Don't get so mad wis, geez I'm only giving you boys some food for thought...I don't want you TC,grey or Steve to take me wrong, just having fun

wisturkeyhunter

Postby wisturkeyhunter » February 18th, 2009, 4:48 am

Get mad about what some guys say on the internet? Yeah right. I enjoy these debates much more than everyone agreeing and kissing each other like some forums.

StevePA

Postby StevePA » February 18th, 2009, 5:06 am

Steve I don't know what part of the state you a re from but everybody knows that the average temp for PA is 10 degrees warmer in March than in Feb and 11 degrees warmer in April than in March come on big buddy dont be so mad at me.
Im just trying to pass the time and have productive conversations now we could talk about decoys,blinds, turkey dogs, killing hens etc but haven't we done that laready this year? 

Now youre a meteorologist....I can assure you I know the temps here son..
turkeykiller

tracebusta32

Postby tracebusta32 » February 18th, 2009, 5:14 am

Then quit trying to make folks on here think its always always 20 degrees during March in the great state of PA.  Hey, shhhh.... wait.... did you hear that? somethings out there

ORIGINAL: StevePA

Now youre a meteorologist....I can assure you I know the temps here son..

StevePA

Postby StevePA » February 18th, 2009, 5:33 am

I work in construction.....We arent allowed to work unless the temp is over 38 degrees...Needless to say we dont work much in March..
turkeykiller

tracebusta32

Postby tracebusta32 » February 18th, 2009, 5:53 am

Steve, everybody on this forum knows the average temp in Philly is 42.4 degrees in March...come on

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion