"Old School"

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Fan Club

RE: "Old School"

Postby Fan Club » February 20th, 2009, 5:59 pm

Shooter-

You could stick that post in any one of thirty threads around here and it would still apply. Well said.
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

StevePA

Postby StevePA » February 20th, 2009, 6:06 pm

ORIGINAL: shooter458

To much made about nothin!! decoys or not new school old school?? I dont care if you hunt from a blind with a whole flock of decoys or you belly crawl through the grass with a fixed blade knive in your teeth.Its all about doing what we all love  to  do.The way i see it hunt the way you like there is no right or wrong when you walk up on that gobbler.Ive been huntin this tricksters since 1977 and i have yet to find a perfect plan any of you guys got one please like me know??      

So.....do you condone baiting?
turkeykiller

sputterbug

Postby sputterbug » February 20th, 2009, 6:50 pm

ORIGINAL: StevePA

As in the way you phrased this topic?

Relax yer sphincter, you'll live a longer, happier life.  [:D]

shooter458

Postby shooter458 » February 21st, 2009, 4:38 pm

To much made about nothin!! decoys or not new school old school?? I dont care if you hunt from a blind with a whole flock of decoys or you belly crawl through the grass with a fixed blade knive in your teeth.Its all about doing what we all love  to  do.The way i see it hunt the way you like there is no right or wrong when you walk up on that gobbler.Ive been huntin this tricksters since 1977 and i have yet to find a perfect plan any of you guys got one please like me know??      

caught you !

StevePA

Postby StevePA » February 21st, 2009, 4:50 pm

caught you !

You couldnt catch a cold......
turkeykiller

Limbhanger150

Postby Limbhanger150 » February 21st, 2009, 8:26 pm

[blockquote]

I talked to a gentleman today that is close to eighty or maybe over eighty. He "was" a long time turkey hunter but has not been able to go for about the last four or five years. I was telling him about the arguments of old school versus new school, decoys versus no decoys, calling versus bushwacking, blah, blah, blah. He looked at me and said " Let me get this straight. You guys are argueing over all of this on a computer?"

I had to laugh. 

[/blockquote]

greyghost

Postby greyghost » February 22nd, 2009, 3:21 am

LH 150, I wish we could get a couple of them to post their thoughts.

I too have talked with a couple gents that have been around for a little while, no longer hunt do to health issues, 88/91 and they to have made their thoughts known on the subjects to me but I will not repeat theirs here. Neither one of them own a computer. Wish I had a lap top because I am trying to get them to come down to the house and I will show them how to log on and all, set up a login and even help them type it in. They both had about the same response, a computer.  They would be great because they both have a comical type approach to saying things. But very opinionated. Charlie would make a couple here look like church going choir folks if they disagreed. But basically they would both listen and just laugh. They were both hard core fall hunters but did some spring hunting, even were guides for the VIP's here at Quantico. Senaters, congressmen, Secretary's, and Generals.

You may know one a Silvester Kyle and Charlie Price.

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion