Questions

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
turkeytracks

Questions

Postby turkeytracks » February 23rd, 2009, 8:55 am

I have to write a report for school and if you have any new stratagies or know of any new technology/equipment I would apreciate it if you told me.  If you know of any "rituals" that turkeys do. What calls to use when
Alex

silvestris

RE: Questions

Postby silvestris » February 23rd, 2009, 10:57 am

What is the title of your report, Alex.  Your question is too broad as it stands.
Why be good when you can B-Mobile or Spin & Strut.

turkeytracks

Postby turkeytracks » February 24th, 2009, 8:34 am

Sorry I didn't have enough time to finish but for rituals I meen that Im not sure what to call it but it is when three turkeys stay in about a fifty yard circle.  There is a strutter and the other to are doing something.  There is a dominant one and a submisive one.  The submissive one is keeping his head down and if it tries to pick its heak up it gets slapped or pecked at the head.  If it tries to run it gets cut off by the strutter of the aggressor.  If you have any thing like that could you tell me.  What calls do you use when is about what you would do if you get a hung up gobbler. 
Alex

tracebusta32

Postby tracebusta32 » February 24th, 2009, 8:59 am

You could surprise the professor and write a theme based on something like:

Some American Indians like the Cherokee despised the turkey as a cowardly bird....unworthy of their prowess and status.

This would be a bit of a twist that most people don't know about.

Malachi 4:5-6
My Brother: WMB

turkeytracks

Postby turkeytracks » February 26th, 2009, 8:24 am

Wow tb i never knew that and for the title of my paper, well i'm not sure yet but i was thinking turkeys and turkey hunting.  I'm not sure if it is plagarism or not but its not like im doing somthing big, its just a title for a research paper and that is what the paper is about.  Again though i probably will do something different im not sure.
Alex

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » February 26th, 2009, 8:32 am

how 'bout,    "turkeys & how to hunt them" ...    

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion