Are you cutting back on hunts this year?

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
trkynut54

RE: Are you cutting back on hunts this year?

Postby trkynut54 » March 6th, 2009, 2:25 pm

The last time I went out of state was NY back in 2004 I think. I was thinking about hunting Maryland next spring, it's only a 2 1/2 hour drive from my home. We have lots of turkeys around here, I always take the first two weeks off vacation, plus I buy the second tag. 
Don't hunt harder hunt smarter

StevePA

Postby StevePA » March 7th, 2009, 5:15 pm

Leave for MS on the 26th of March...
turkeykiller

Jim Spencer

Postby Jim Spencer » March 8th, 2009, 11:21 am

Here I am, NTBNB, and I'm still gathering intelligence on Nebraska public land. I'm still weighing options. The McCook area in the sw part of the state looks good with all the wmas around the lakes, and so does the McKelvie NF near Valentine. Also the NW part of the state in the Pine Ridge region looks good. The problem I'm running into isn't finding turkeys to hunt in Nebraska, but figuring out which of these hot-looking places to choose. That's a good problem to have, I know, but it's still a problem. You want to throw in some more advice and make it even worse?????

To answer your original question: Nope, I'm not cutting back on my travel plans, for spring turkeys or anything else. I've worked all my life to get into the position where I can have the time to chase turkeys in the spring, and I'll be damned if I'll let Obamanomics change my lifestyle. Planning to hunt Mississippi-Oklahoma-Arkansas-Missouri-Nebraska-South Dakota this spring.

It's a tough job, but... 

steelheadr

Postby steelheadr » March 9th, 2009, 10:40 am

Yes we are!  We are only doing one out of state hunt this year (usually two) and we will be staying in a tent instead of a motel room.

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion