Good Luck charm

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Cut N Run

Good Luck charm

Postby Cut N Run » February 10th, 2009, 6:23 am

I know a lot of superstitious people who have to be wearing their "lucky hat" or shirt, or carrying something with them that has been with them on successful hunts in the past that they now refuse to go hunting without.  A Coach of mine used to say, "You make your own luck", but I have found that not always to be the case (that's partially why my signature is what it is) .  Many times anything considered lucky just helps build, or even restore confidence for a successful trip afield.

Do you (or your hunting buddy) have a lucky item they wear/ take along hunting to help improve the odds?

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

dmcianfa

RE: Good Luck charm

Postby dmcianfa » February 10th, 2009, 7:47 am

I always wear a boonie hat that was my buddies during his huntin' days.  When he passed in an accident, his folks gave it to me and I scribed a little something on the brim to remind me of days afield with him.  I'll never wear another hat turkey' hunting again and it never leaves my head from the time I get out of my truck until I get right back in.  I wouldn't say it brings luck, just helps to remember the good old days I guess.  Although I did get two birds in one shot wearing it my second year.
"After eating an entire moose, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut."

Morgan

Postby Morgan » February 10th, 2009, 9:35 am

[:D][:D][:D][:D]
...Old Timers Gobbler Club...

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » February 10th, 2009, 5:58 pm

I have been wearing a pair of rubber Rocky boots with the NWTF turkey track logo most days when I go Turkey hunting for about 7 years.  I seem to have better Turkey hunting success wearing them versus anything else.  I know it is stupid, but it works & I'm not about to buck success.

Jim

Luck Counts, good or bad

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » February 10th, 2009, 6:00 pm

I carry my Dad's Marbles match safe loaded with Ohio Blue Tips.  More sentimental than good luck.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

SamuraiTater

Postby SamuraiTater » February 10th, 2009, 7:05 pm

I eat a turkey sammich for breakfast.

swpatrkyhunter

Postby swpatrkyhunter » February 11th, 2009, 5:54 am

LOL! Good question! And I'm sure that there are those who won't admit it but I do have my lucky charms. I always wear my hat I wore when I got my first Turkey and I Carry a hunting knife my Dad got for me when I first started hunting.

StevePA

Postby StevePA » February 11th, 2009, 8:28 am

Each year I pull a wing feather from my gobbler and place it up in my visor in my truck..The following season it is replaced with that years kill and the old one is thrown away.....
turkeykiller

trkynut54

Postby trkynut54 » February 11th, 2009, 10:38 am

I used to have a favorite hat I always wore in turkey season. I had it for ten years but lost it in the fall season.   It was rather hot that fall day and I tucked it in my coat I had wrapped around my waist and forgot it was in there when I put the coat back on. 
Don't hunt harder hunt smarter

silvestris

Postby silvestris » February 11th, 2009, 12:27 pm

Speaking of hats, why won't Mossy Oak make a simple baseball cap out of Treklite so the cap will dry quickly after a sweaty trek.  They make a terrible looking cap with places to hold your mouth callers, but it is lined and not to my liking.  I just want a simple Mossy Oak Treklite ball cap.
Why be good when you can B-Mobile or Spin & Strut.

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion