how much is to much

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
grizzly

how much is to much

Postby grizzly » March 5th, 2009, 12:35 am

i see all of us n.y hunters are going to dig deeper to hunt this fall the conservation fund advisory board needs more money and it's us sportmen who are going to buy all licenses are going up 20 more dollars and i really feel sorry out of state guys it going to cost 135 dollars to hunt turkey i feel the d.e.c. will do away with hunting before the antis[:D] if the cost keeps going up i feel with things the way are these days it may put the cost of hunting out of reach of the common man

Fan Club

RE: how much is to much

Postby Fan Club » March 5th, 2009, 4:10 am

Grizz, it's becoming a pay to play sport, especially if you want to travel. Been heading that direction for a long time.

Missouri non-res tags were $65.00 when I first went in 1994. They are now up to $175.00. The $135.00 for NY is actually down the list across the country. Many states are well over $200.00 and you have to purchase some sort of Sportsmans' license or annual permit in addition to the turkey tags.

Hunting land is getting harder to secure as well without buying or leasing it. The days of knocking on doors for permission are dwindling. As the economy weakens and the deer and turkey populations proper, folks are realizing that they can help pay their property taxes by leasing their land.

"The Times They Are a-Changin"-  Bob Dylan

"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

silvestris

Postby silvestris » March 5th, 2009, 4:18 am

AS the economy weakens, the landowners may find that there is no one out there with the money to lease or purchase property.  The hunting just might go back to the local country boys.
Why be good when you can B-Mobile or Spin & Strut.

tracebusta32

Postby tracebusta32 » March 5th, 2009, 4:29 am

Sil, your right on target with that statement....times my get to where you actually need to harvest an animal for food on the table.

Malachi 4:5-6
My Brother: WMB

icdedturkes

Postby icdedturkes » March 5th, 2009, 7:39 am

Yeah I paid 200 in Iowa last year for one bird. The hunting was phenomenal but said I wouldnt go back.

Well here I sit contemplating going back. LOL I would love to go and hunt with friends out there and just call, but Iowa has a STUPID law. To aid in the hunt you need to have a valid license. You cannot even go with them if you dont have a license.

OakRoadHunter

Postby OakRoadHunter » March 5th, 2009, 11:33 am

I had seen in a recent Turkey Call mag that NY has some of the lowest hunting license fee's throughout the nation, guess its just time we join to crowd. I just hope the rising costs to hunt wont scare off perspective hunters in the future.
Calling 'um up close

wordbird

Postby wordbird » March 5th, 2009, 2:53 pm

I have family land in Tenn. but live about five miles inside the Ala. line. It costs me $275 a year to hunt up there. I leased about 3000 acres in another county close by so I hunt about 80% of the time in Tenn. to get my money's worth.
"The only absolute in turkey hunting is that there are no absolutes."

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » March 5th, 2009, 4:30 pm

Non Resident Pa. is 101.00 almost sounds like a bargian but they are pushing for a increase at this time.
TB

grizzly

Postby grizzly » March 6th, 2009, 2:28 am

understand what you're saying fanclub i guess what i'm saying is when it comes to footing the bill for the d.e.c and state land it always falls on the hunters and fishermen when people who camp and hike are ask to help there is always a big out cry on how fees will hurt them i think it's time for them to pay their fair share that's all i ask

OptimO

Postby OptimO » March 6th, 2009, 3:08 am

This is ridiculous!  If I have to pay another 20 bucks for my huntn' liscence... I WONT BUY ONE!!  If I happen to get caught hunting without a tag, which I highly doubt will happen,  I'll just pay the fine!  The court fee will be less expensive than my 100 dollar hunting liscence.
SCOUT HARD... HUNT HARDER

My YouTube Channel>> http://www.youtube.com/user/OptimONY?feature=mhum

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion