Confessions of a Turkey Stalker

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
StevePA

RE: Confessions of a Turkey Stalker

Postby StevePA » March 13th, 2009, 7:36 pm

ORIGINAL: paboxcall

ORIGINAL: Magnumdood

ORIGINAL: paboxcall

You will never make me understand why stalking is the better choice then picking a good tree, planting yourself, and trying to peel that gobbler away from where I'm set up with the best calling you can muster.  You will never convince me that you know for certain you're stalking a bird by himself, instead of a bird strutting and gobbling with a hunter pinned down, waiting, hoping to get a shot.

Very persuasive argument!

And you didn't have to insult anyone to make it!

This situation happened to a good friend of mine, fortunately he was only peppered, he didn't lose his eyes and nothing broke the skin. 

He worked a bird off the roost for about an hour, gobbler went quiet, came in, slipped out.  About thirty minutes later a stalker peeked up over the bench, saw his dekes and pulled the trigger.

I was shot also...Had a good friend nearly killed too..both by stalkers...
turkeykiller

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » March 13th, 2009, 7:38 pm

ORIGINAL: StevePA

Said he tried to call in the statement you posted...

No, I haven't contacted any moderators yet.  But I am.  If the L***O gets me tossed, oh well.  I think the constant harassment of people who don't hunt the way YOU think they should will be viewed as a much more egregious offense, and much more disruptive to the board.  Whatcha think -klr?

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » March 13th, 2009, 7:42 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: StevePA

[quote]ORIGINAL: JPH

[quote]ORIGINAL: StevePA
...btw   changing calling positions and stalking are two different arenas though...

How so?

[color="#cc0000"]See a turkey in a field and belly crawl up the edge to shoot it...stalking[/color][color="#cc0000"]..[/color].Gobbler walks off a hundred yards and continues gobbling..hunter gets up and WALKS to a new calling postion and SETS UP to try to call him in ...If you wanna split atoms thats fine...I will be your huckleberry...

ORIGINAL: shaman

Now, you know and I know that hunting on our little private plots, we're probably the only ones there.  Making a strategic advance on a gobbler or slipping  in a bit closer may be okay.  [color="#cc0000"]I was crawling on my belly last year after closing over 200 yards of distance on some  gobblers, but I'd been glassing the flock for an hour, and was able to get to within 60 yards.   Stalking? [/color] Nope.  It was an end-around.  In the end, I put my butt down and got my shotgun up, and I waited for them to come out of an oak grove and walk down a fence line.  I then tried to call them out towards the little copse of trees I was in. 

Well, Steve, was Shaman STALKING, or, do you wish to reconsider your definition?
[/quote]

Not so fast there Steve.  Is he stalking or isn't he?  I could care less if he called and the birds didn't answer.  That didn't, and has never, factored into your definition of stalking.  What Shaman did was stalking.  So...why aren't you all over his case like you are anyone else you determine is stalking?
[/quote]

He got into positon to call..just like a good turkey hunter does..and he admitted to calling..One has to set up right?..Theres a difference and any good turkey hunter knows what it is...so pull your bull on someone else..
[/quote]
You pull your bull elsewhere.  He belly-crawled to get closer to the birds.  Your definition of stalking.  Go back and re-read all the [color="#cc0000"]RED[/color] text.

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » March 13th, 2009, 7:58 pm

Used the Lord's name in vain??

I'm shocked, shocked I say.  Very, very happy to see a believer, and one who is not afraid to announce his convictions, but still shocked.  I was born again in 1979.  But, as you well know, Christians are forgiven, not perfect.  It doesn't excuse my behavior if I indeed took God's name in vain, but I have a feeling I know what you're talking about, and I don't consider that taking the Lord's name in vain.  To find a moderator who would take any action for an actual occurrence of someone taking the Lord's name in vain would be joyous to me, but I don't think they would, even if I actually did so.

However, that is something I try my best to avoid at all costs.  Where do you think I did that?

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » March 13th, 2009, 8:03 pm

No, I haven't contacted any moderators yet.  But I am.  If the L***O gets me tossed, oh well.  I think the constant harassment of people who don't hunt the way YOU think they should will be viewed as a much more egregious offense, and much more disruptive to the board.  Whatcha think -klr?

i don't care how you hunt dood..but i do thank the great one that i don't have to hunt around you,..i'd hate for you to stalk my callin' & take an 80 yard pop shot at my position...& buy the way, your threats dont scare me

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » March 13th, 2009, 8:06 pm

However, that is something I try my best to avoid at all costs.  Where do you think I did that?

on another thread...de ju vu called you out on it..then you went back & edited it...don't act like you don't remember...im sure i could go back & find it...as the mods can 

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » March 13th, 2009, 8:31 pm

ORIGINAL: trkyklr

on another thread...de ju vu called you out on it..then you went back & edited it...don't act like you don't remember...im sure i could go back & find it...as the mods can 

Nope, I do remember that one and I did edit it out...not because I'm afraid of offending deja vu's sensibilities, but because it was wrong.  I'll say no more about it and if the mods clip me because of it that's my problem.

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » March 13th, 2009, 8:34 pm

ORIGINAL: trkyklr

i don't care how you hunt dood..but i do thank the great one that i don't have to hunt around you,..i'd hate for you to stalk my callin' & take an 80 yard pop shot at my position...& buy the way, your threats dont scare me

I don't stalk.  My only complaint has ever been the way the core of you internet tough guys hammer anyone who doesn't hunt the way you do.

And when did I threaten you?  That's plain silly.

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » March 13th, 2009, 8:38 pm

"clipped"? hopefully not..i like your company..just dont try to get others "clipped"..we are all here to learn from one another..

we can all just blame the thread starter[8|]

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » March 13th, 2009, 8:44 pm

You have an odd way of demonstrating you like my company.

Besides, how did I threaten you.  I went out of my way to avoid any such language.

I don't care for Internet Rambos so I try not to be one myself.

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion