FIRST TIME TURKEY HUNTERS

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
dewey

RE: FIRST TIME TURKEY HUNTERS

Postby dewey » March 24th, 2009, 6:23 am

I have had the opportunity to take a few of my friends deer and turkey hunting for the first time in the past few years.  I will never forget the excitement in my friends face when he shot his first buck.  Last spring I took another friend turkey hunting for the first time and it seemed like all we talked about for the next few days was turkeys and their gobbling as it filled the woods.  This year I will be taking my nephew into the turkey blind with me and hopefully I can convince a gobbler to get close enough and possibly get my nephew hooked on hunting.

mark hay

Postby mark hay » March 28th, 2009, 12:25 pm

met up with the young man and his son this morning to go over the guns and check out the patterns . the 12 years old has an 870 rem , 20 ga. with a red dot scope and undertaker choketube. very impressive !
i got to shoot it 4 times and the recoil was pleasant to say the least.

NEStrut

Postby NEStrut » March 28th, 2009, 12:32 pm

Well.....I don't specifically have somebody lined up for this year. But, once the weather gets nicer, I might take my daughter out with me. She's still pretty young, and can't shoot yet, but will be fun to get her out there with me. If I can just keep her quiet and still. [:D]

OTSDAWA_RIDGE_HUNTER

Postby OTSDAWA_RIDGE_HUNTER » March 28th, 2009, 1:42 pm

I've taken both of my kids in the woods since they were both 6.  My daughter who is 16 now still goes on occasion but has no interest in actually shooting one.  My son who is 11 now is chomping at the bit to get his first one under his belt.  Wont be long now before he is ready to take his first turkey.  I have had him shooting for the last 4 years now and he has become quite the little marksman.  As far as taking someone new I am taking a co-worker out for his first turkey hunt here in MA during the last week in April then it's off to Upstate NY to hunt with my brothers for 2 weeks.  I am very excited as always for this season to start.

turkeytracks

Postby turkeytracks » March 31st, 2009, 8:47 am

this spring will be my 1 year anaversery with turkey hunting and last fall I shot a jake and when it was closing the distance I started shaken so bad I could bearly make the shot but I got it and it was the best thanksgiving turkey ever acording to my family.
Alex

Ozarks Hillbilly

Postby Ozarks Hillbilly » March 31st, 2009, 9:15 am

Alex, Congratulations on your bird last fall I wish you the best of luck this spring as well. I am sure your family was right about it being the best thanksgiving turkey ever.
These Ozark Mountains Ain't High But The Hollers Sure Are Deep

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » March 31st, 2009, 11:31 am

This will be my first year turkey hunting, im pretty excited! Hoping to at least see 1 gobbler haha [:D] considering how little i know right now lol! I have read a lot of great info so far and if i do get one, it will be because of all the info you guys have shared on here!

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » March 31st, 2009, 11:35 am

Demo-

Welcome to the T&TH forum Matt! I've already responded to your post in the Michigan forum. Enjoy the site, post often and best of luck this spring.

"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Ozarks Hillbilly

Postby Ozarks Hillbilly » March 31st, 2009, 11:41 am

Demoderby first of all welcome to the flock and feel free to post up any questions you have.
These Ozark Mountains Ain't High But The Hollers Sure Are Deep

mark hay

Postby mark hay » March 31st, 2009, 12:05 pm

welcome DEMO,,,,let's talk turkey!
hello turkeytracks,,,,good to see ya postin' again.

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion