FIRST TIME TURKEY HUNTERS

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
mark hay

FIRST TIME TURKEY HUNTERS

Postby mark hay » March 21st, 2009, 11:41 am

i have lined up 2 , possibly 3 new comers to this fine sport . i'm just curious how many on the forum are taking someone out for the first time . i'm really looking forward to the opportunity to get these fellers HOOKED and watch them tremble as the bird gets closer and closer . it also puts me in a learning position as well . and it will also cause the stepsons to be on their own for some different type of learning experience for them as well.

SamuraiTater

RE: FIRST TIME TURKEY HUNTERS

Postby SamuraiTater » March 21st, 2009, 2:27 pm

I'm taking my daughter's boyfriend turkey hunting. 

shaman

Postby shaman » March 21st, 2009, 4:37 pm

I've had a married couple lined up for this Spring, but I think they got cold feet.  The finally did what I told them to do and got a look at the non-resident license fees  and stopped talking enthusiastically .   

Oh well.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » March 22nd, 2009, 4:53 am

My 13 yr old grandson, Ryan, will be actually be hunting for the first time this spring. Last year he accompianied me for the first time and really enjoyed it. You can read about about that hunt here-

http://forum.turkeyandturkeyhunting.com/tm.aspx?m=1559

The season doesn't start until May 4 th, so we have plenty of time to hit the range, practice calling and gear up.

"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » March 22nd, 2009, 7:50 am

I'm taking my daughter on the youth hunt; this will be her third year.  She got a Jake in each of the last two seasons.  She loves hunting with me.

JPH

Postby JPH » March 22nd, 2009, 8:18 am

I take newcomers every year. This season I am taking a friend of a friend form Alaska. It is a long way to come to hunt turkeys! Here's hoping for some action. 

trkynut54

Postby trkynut54 » March 22nd, 2009, 12:45 pm

I'm taking the same young lady out for the Youth Mentored Hunt that I did last year. Can't wait 
Don't hunt harder hunt smarter

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » March 22nd, 2009, 1:55 pm

trkynut54
  Our chapter has a youth hunting contest for the 2 days. The kid I took out last year has requested to go back out with me again this year. Here we go, more scouting.
  Another new person/ new hunter this year is the wife. Yup, she wants to hunt for them this year.

active NWTF member
hardwater/softwater pole holder
horn hunter
NRA member

OTSDAWA_RIDGE_HUNTER

Postby OTSDAWA_RIDGE_HUNTER » March 22nd, 2009, 3:53 pm

Is he going to make it out of the woods?  Hahahahaha!!!!!! Just kidding!! Thats great that you are introducing someone to the turkey woods.  My daughters boyfriend is scared to death of me and thats how I like it! 

Good luck this season,
Mack
"Many people talk smack about their skills.....I let my beard board and spur necklaces do the talking"

SamuraiTater

Postby SamuraiTater » March 23rd, 2009, 5:16 am

ORIGINAL: OTSDAWA_RIDGE_HUNTER

Is he going to make it out of the woods?  Hahahahaha!!!!!! Just kidding!! Thats great that you are introducing someone to the turkey woods.  My daughters boyfriend is scared to death of me and thats how I like it! 

Good luck this season,
Mack

I assume that was directed at me.  If so, that's cool.  I've joked previously on this forum that it's a good oportunity for an adolescent boy with an interest in my daughter to get a close up view of my shotgun. [;)]

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion