To recruit ornot to recruit

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
NEStrut

RE: To recruit ornot to recruit

Postby NEStrut » April 3rd, 2009, 4:27 am

I would then mention that if God hadn't wanted us to eat them, then he would not have made them so tasty.

Damn Right!  [;)]

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » April 3rd, 2009, 7:11 am

I will admit that I'm selfish about turkey hunting.  Mainly because so many properties I have tried to gain permission to hunt were already hunted/leased, or the owner does not permit hunting of any type. I value the land I have to hunt and don't want other less (or even more) serious hunters out there possibly messing me up.  I work too hard for it.

The only kid I know with an interest in hunting belongs to a relative that lives a long way from here (I also just don't know many children). I participate in the "Hunters Helping Kids" program, by giving demonstrations, not actually taking them hunting. If somebody had a child they wanted me to take hunting and also had the land to hunt, I'd be all over it. There are too many idiots and knuckleheads in the woods and on the water these days NOT to teach kids the right way to become a sportsman/woman. There should be summer camps for kids based on hunting & fishing the right way.

Just how I see it.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Pressured Gobblers

Postby Pressured Gobblers » April 3rd, 2009, 12:50 pm

One thing I've learned in my 35 years of hunting public land... "your not the only one hunting your honey hole"[;)]

I don't try and bring more compatition into my already crowded turkey woods!!!
"public land will make a turkey hunter out of ya"

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion