Is it just me?

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Ozarks Hillbilly

RE: Is it just me?

Postby Ozarks Hillbilly » April 6th, 2009, 9:53 am

Patience and perseverance are two of the most important things a turkey hunter can poses IMO. Those two things contribute to a lot of dead turkeys every year.
These Ozark Mountains Ain't High But The Hollers Sure Are Deep

jbhodj

Postby jbhodj » April 6th, 2009, 9:55 am

Just one word "true"

Great article in the current issue of T&TH about the authors mishaps turkey hunting. Fun reading and inspired me to keep plugging away at this sport we so much love.

Do you know how many times I have been told "You know, that turkey at the local grocery sells for $1.20/lb or less".

mark hay

Postby mark hay » April 6th, 2009, 10:57 am

i appreciate all the posts here . causes me to reflect a bit . FRUSTRATION ? boy did i suffer with it early on . i worked and bumped more birds than i care to mention , though i did learn a lot from my mistakes .
 that ONE hunt , that some or all of you have read about here on the forum , made the difference for me . in that hunt i finally realized PATIENCE . and willfully made the descision to let tom walk . at no more than 15 yards , putting on the finest of turkey exhibition , and i don't know how long it lasted . but it made such a big difference in my turkey hunting career , and dedication to the sport .
 many have stated that ''any time with the turkeys is a good time '' . i can't agree more . yesterday morning i spent 4 1/2 - 5 hours just loafing around the ridges looking and listening . the morning ended with a gobbler firing up and really carryin' on . i was just as happy as if i had been in season and carrying my double . no i did not call to him ,,,just listen .
could not stop thinking about that loudmouth all through the day ,,,went to bed thinking of that bird . CRAZY ?  you bet !  crazy enough to keep at 'em and hopefully ,,,just maybe get to learn something else about this fine bird .

swpatrkyhunter

Postby swpatrkyhunter » April 6th, 2009, 1:44 pm

I think we all do that! Kind of like when you wer a kid at Christmas. Big hopes that sometimes did'nt pan out, but got excited and hopeful the following year.
If it gobbles,runs on gas, or is married to you it will give you trouble!

gobblerthreat

Postby gobblerthreat » April 6th, 2009, 2:55 pm

I will, if you don't mind put in my little two cents. It has been said that the only expert in the turkey woods is the gobbler that got away. I think this is pretty interesting. Keep on turkey huntin.

Jeff Wade
www.roostem.com Home of The NEW 'Tornado Sally'!
Email to gobblerthreat@wildblue.net

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » April 6th, 2009, 4:54 pm

I like that: "It has been said that the only expert in the turkey woods is the gobbler that got away."
I'm From Texas
[size=150]What Country
[size=150]Are You From?

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion