What the heck

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
kygobbler

What the heck

Postby kygobbler » June 2nd, 2014, 7:21 pm

At work they upgraded the computers and when I went to go on this site it told it was blocked. :twisted: According to the message on the screen it listed this site as "weapons". Talk about being ticked off. The boss man just happened to walk in at the time and I asked him about it. He told me, I don't know what to tell you. I told him, you can say you will fix this major problem asap. Of course he just laughed about it.

Anyway, today I took my little girl to pick some honeysuckles at my honey hole. First thing I notice when I pulled up was that they cut the field for hay. While she was picking I walked around to see any signs of recent turkey action. I found a dead hen laying on a patch of dirt. From her wings up she looked fine but something done picked the bones clean below her wings.

I hate it when a turkey dies without it coming from the sound of a big boom.
Is it turkey season yet?

ylpnfol

Re: What the heck

Postby ylpnfol » June 2nd, 2014, 7:48 pm

Probably had a nest in the hay, was a victim of the cutting, my farmer got one or two a year when he did hay, plants soybeans now, so not a problem.....it is a shame
David

You never know, unless you go

timbrhuntr

Postby timbrhuntr » June 3rd, 2014, 8:48 am

They did the same thing to me with a filter to stop you from looking at what they deemed inappropriate. I was told that I had to go to my boss everytime I needed to get permission to go to a blocked site. After about a week of me going to him 8 or 9 times a day he finally had had enough and got me an exemption . Even better was when they said you had to remove all personal pictures from your computer or they would remove them and they gave you a week. I never had any personal pics but loads of work related and even a folder with ID pics for members ID cards. The morons just deleted all the picture files and when I informed my boss they said it wasn't their fault. Well they weren't to happy when they saw the price to bring in a photographer to take new pics for all the staff. Actually I can even top that. We asked for a separate area to create and store training video so as not to interfere with their system and we were told no it had to be done on their system so they could monitor content. Boy were they impressed when I crashed their entire server (TWICE !!) Ha! Ha! Idiots. The sad thing is I could go on and on. It would have saved them a ton of money just to take their heads out of there a$$e$. :lol: :lol:

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » June 3rd, 2014, 4:19 pm

The farmers do get a few with the hay cutters. I found two birds this spring, one gobbler, one hen. The gobbler only had a few black feathers left and a leg bone, the rest was gone. The hen had the head gone and part of one breast, the rest was fine. I figured it must have been the hawk I saw circling the grass field everyday?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » June 7th, 2014, 11:08 am

kygobbler wrote:According to the message on the screen it listed this site as "weapons".

At first I thought "Yikes!" this might be one misguided employer. But the other day Gannett News who frequently links to my blog sent notice indicating they would quit because of the word "kill". I had put up a post about the preliminary "Harvest/Kill" for WI spring season. Hmm... Is something sinister afoot?
Personally I have never liked the word harvest being applied to dead animals or birds and think a hunter who can't use the word kill must not be comfortable in his or her hunter skin.

Plain and simple; I harvest fruits and vegetables. I kill turkeys. I'm grateful, comfortable and happy about both pursuits.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » June 7th, 2014, 4:02 pm

The Hunting World is becoming nothing but a Political game. They will search out and find any reasons what so ever to shut it down. That's why ammo is becoming a nightmare to get, I can't even find a Fed. 3" #5, the 3-1/2" I can find, but not the 3". I've talked with the managers in every place I get ammo from and they all say the same, they can't get their hands on it anywhere.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion