2014 spring turkey hunting

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
dewey

2014 spring turkey hunting

Postby dewey » November 22nd, 2013, 3:15 pm

I will be the first one to admit that it is at least 5 months away but I am already getting excited for some spring time turkey hunting, right? So what are everyone's plans for next spring?

Mine are very up in the air for once.

I will be hunting in Minnesota with a friend from the T&TH forum in late April or early May. Then the last few years I have gone to Kansas to hunt with a buddy but he told me he might be going to Arizona to go elk hunting. Can't blame him for wanting to skip turkeys to go elk hunting but the idea of hunting in Kansas by myself makes the boss, the wifey I can say it, not very happy. However I have really loved hunting Kansas the past few springs and have enjoyed the out of state hunts.

I guess I have time to figure it out.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

kygobbler

Re: 2014 spring turkey hunting

Postby kygobbler » November 22nd, 2013, 6:09 pm

As of a couple of weeks ago my plans was heading up north and hunting in WI and hopefully meeting some of the people on here. Now my plans have changed and I guess I will be hunting the same old but productive spots.

Still to early to think about next spring. My last fall shotgun season starts in two weeks and I'm ready for it to get here.

Hookspur

Postby Hookspur » November 23rd, 2013, 7:20 am

Last year was a bust for me (I only hunted 4 states), so I'm itchin' to get started and this spring I hope to get back to a more "normal" schedule. Right now my plans are FL, GA, TN, DE, NC, IN, IL, OH, PA, VT, NH, and ME.

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » November 23rd, 2013, 8:47 am

April here in SC(got a new spot lined up, also) ;)
Then in May, it's Nebraska for 3, and then off to Michigan for 1 :lol:
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

retranger

Postby retranger » November 23rd, 2013, 11:53 am

I will be in my own area of Northern NY. We can take two toms during the month of May and I am satisfied with that. Now I will be in the southern area in spring time when some of the seasons open but I would have a hard time dealing with the creepy crawling creatures you have to contend with. :o :o We don't have that way up in NY. :lol: :lol:
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

hawglips

Postby hawglips » November 25th, 2013, 9:57 am

Wish list is SC, GA, VA, NC, NE, UT

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » November 25th, 2013, 9:44 pm

Will be hunting my same ole haunts.....which is fine w/ me..... Still have 6 more weeks of fall hunting, if I can stand the cold, hopefully will be going thanksgiving morning if this big storm moves out in time.....

every gun makes its own tune.....

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » November 25th, 2013, 10:00 pm

David the storm could be a good thing. In two hours we got a half inch or a little more of snow. It will be easier to find the turkeys with snow on the ground. :lol:

Uncle Nicky2

Postby Uncle Nicky2 » November 26th, 2013, 12:22 pm

Late March- GA for a few days

April & May-NJ, PA, possibly NY

Mid-May- KS & NE

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » November 27th, 2013, 9:08 am

kygobbler wrote:David the storm could be a good thing. In two hours we got a half inch or a little more of snow. It will be easier to find the turkeys with snow on the ground. :lol:

No snow here, just a lot of cold rain, hopefully it'll slack up enuff to go find em this eve, I have a good idea where they'll be.....

every gun makes its own tune.....

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion