Happy July 4th!

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
dewey

Happy July 4th!

Postby dewey » July 4th, 2013, 2:14 pm

I hope everyone has a safe and great July 4th!

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

ads1

Re: Happy July 4th!

Postby ads1 » July 4th, 2013, 4:07 pm

Beautiful Day in Southern Illinois. Happy 4th to you! :D

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » July 4th, 2013, 10:53 pm

Gorgeous day here in WI. Happy 4th to everybody!!! :D
Attachments
American-Flag-Eagle.jpg
American-Flag-Eagle.jpg (276.25 KiB) Viewed 200 times
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » July 5th, 2013, 11:58 am

I hope everyone here had a wonderful holiday. My business is so slow that I wish I'd taken today off too. It is a perfect time to do some cyber-loafing in the air conditioning. Today is the first day in 15 days that it hasn't rained, but the day's not over yet either.

I had a great time at a pig pickin' at a horse farm in Timberlake yesterday. We had a discussion on wether the holiday ought to be named Independence Day rather than the Fourth of July. My thought was they were one in the same and that the history classes in our country have taught that one is interchangeable with the other.

The opposing argument was proven when the question was asked if England had the the fourth of July. The overwhelming answer from the group was; Why should England celebrate losing us as colonies? The truth is; Of course England has the fourth of July. it is the day after the third of July and the day before the 5th of July...they just don't have cause to celebrate it.

Hope everyone had fun celebrating Independence Day!

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

onpoint

Postby onpoint » July 7th, 2013, 8:37 am

Glad you guys had a good time. Had company from out of town and it rained the whole time. In fact it broke all time records here in NW Florida. I've never seen so much water. We had 17" in two days and the county to the west of us had 20+. A lot of folks around here discovered they needed flood insurance even though they didn't live directly on the shoreline of one of our bays or inlets. Say a prayer for 'em. There gonna need it to recover from this. Living in Panama City, FL (otherwise known as the "Redneck Riviera"), we usually fear hurricane damage and not monsoons!
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion