Its amazing

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
kygobbler

Its amazing

Postby kygobbler » June 11th, 2013, 4:00 pm

While I was at work yesterday, I stepped outside to enjoy the beautifull weather for a few minutes. The sun was shinning bright and a few clouds in the sky. I step back into the building and I over hear someone talking about a tornado. So I check out the tv and they are saying there is "potential" for a tornado for this area. Someone told me that it went thru Logan County, my home county, but haven't heard anything about the storm.

I made a phone call to check if everything was alright and they told me a tornado touched down and went thru the area where a bunch of my kin folk live. Luckily nobody in the path of the tornado was injured seriously. The twister demolished only one house and the three people that were inside of it only suffered some bruises and cuts.

Its funny how a tornado will destroy some things and not others. The tornado went by my aunts house and only had a little damage to the house. The 2 big grain bins that was on the other side of the drive way are now 2 miles down the road. I saw one house where the entire front end was ripped off and the back of the house was fine.

There are several videos of the tornado and in each one of them there is not a single drop of rain. Each video you see the sun shinning except where the tornado is touching down and blowing everything in its path. I saw this morning that the weather channel registered it as a EF2 with 135 mph wind and was down for 5 miles and 300+ yards wide.

Its amazing nobody was fatally injured.
Is it turkey season yet?

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: Its amazing

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » June 11th, 2013, 8:34 pm

Good to hear everyone in your family was safe with no harm done.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

dewey

Postby dewey » June 11th, 2013, 11:54 pm

Glad to hear your family is safe. There have been a lot of tornadoes already this spring.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » June 12th, 2013, 7:00 am

They are some wicked things for sure, glad y'all came out of the event unscathed
David

You never know, unless you go

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » June 12th, 2013, 3:37 pm

That is indeed good news out of a bad situation.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion