One piece strikers

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
spitten and drummen

One piece strikers

Postby spitten and drummen » April 16th, 2013, 4:46 pm

Hey all. I want to start collecting every wood type possible one piece strikers for pot calls. I want them to look good but sound better. Any suggestions on who turns great looking and great sounding one piece strikers with a large variety of wood types. I would also like the strikers to be labeled as the wood type. All suggestions welcomed. Thanks
"don't fire till you see the whites of their eyes boys". Andrew Jackson "old hickory"

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: One piece strikers

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » April 16th, 2013, 6:41 pm

I'm not much of a one piece striker person, I prefer a two piece, BUT there are some very good one piece strikers out there. Neal Herman turns a good striker, he makes the HOOKS custom strikers, his yellowheart is very good. Dad's Calls makes a great black charcoal laminate striker that plays great on calls. Wood Heavens laminate birch and oak strikers play very well on an assortment of calls. Ticklish Toms babinga striker is very good also, that Travis turns.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

spitten and drummen

Postby spitten and drummen » April 16th, 2013, 6:50 pm

Thanks. Hoping to find one person to do all of the different ones. Don't know if that's possible
"don't fire till you see the whites of their eyes boys". Andrew Jackson "old hickory"

scoot12

Postby scoot12 » April 16th, 2013, 9:39 pm

I agree with Scott, Woodhavens laminated birch in the flared tip is one of the best strikers I have ever run. Also the black charcoal laminate from Dads is awesome as well. As Scott to make you a purpleheart with a walnut top and it rocks on glass calls. Scoot

spitten and drummen

Postby spitten and drummen » April 16th, 2013, 9:56 pm

I've got the first two you mentioned and I have 2 calls coming from Scott with some of his strikers. I called and talked with Harold fowler this evening and ended up ordering six of his strikers. I need someone to give me a intervention because I have a turkey call addiction I can't break haha. Anyway mr fowlers strikers look awesome and he told me to run them on all my pots. If I don't like some of them he said he would change them out until I have all 6 that I like or he would refund them. He is a super nice guy that's battling cancer so put him on your prayer list.

ticklishtompro

Postby ticklishtompro » April 16th, 2013, 10:44 pm

Travis at Ticklish Tom Calls turns allmost all one piece. As Scott said his bubinga are very nice, as well as his newest addition diamond wood. These make any call we have tried them on sound amazing. Check out his webpage, or pm me and I can give you his number. On his site he lists all the woods he has available for strikers.

http://ttcustomcalls.webs.com/
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Hips Archery Targets Prostaff
Dixieland Outdoors Prostaff

spitten and drummen

Postby spitten and drummen » April 17th, 2013, 1:17 pm

Thank you much

eddie234

Postby eddie234 » April 18th, 2013, 9:33 am

I have some of Neal's strikers, they are nice. The yellowheart and purpleheart are my favorite. I've got the birch flare tip from woodhaven that I like and a diamondwood from dave hollarand.
Twitter: @edvogler

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » April 18th, 2013, 5:11 pm

I got a wormy Persimmon one piece from David Halloran that works nice. They turn a few different types as well.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion