Glass surface pot calls

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
spitten and drummen

Glass surface pot calls

Postby spitten and drummen » April 12th, 2013, 3:48 pm

Out of every possible calling surface I can run them all consistently. I don't understand as I condition them well. It seems that I get those squeaks and just have difficulty getting that smooth roll over. I have tried many different strikers and have several good custom pots. It just gets me because like I said I run all other surfaces very well. Is there any tips anybody can give me to achieve good consistancy with glass. I appreciate it. Maybe I just expect more than what I get out of that surface. Thanks again
"don't fire till you see the whites of their eyes boys". Andrew Jackson "old hickory"

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: Glass surface pot calls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » April 12th, 2013, 4:37 pm

I use 90% glass call while hunting. If your call is squeeking on you then it's not surfaced right. I want a squeek in my glass calls, but a very short squeek right at the begining of a yelp, not half way through it. If it is squeeking a lot then your surfacing it with too fine a grit, all I use is a stone, courser the better, if I'm using sandpaper then it's 60-80 grit especially with bronze glass because of it's hardness. Once you have a glass call conditioned right it will play easier than any slate ever will.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion