First time guiding

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
fallhunt

First time guiding

Postby fallhunt » April 8th, 2013, 6:51 am

An outfitter friend of mine wanted me to help with a group of bowhunters he had coming for the early archery season.So after giving it some thought I was all in.It was a blast.His daughter shot a coyote and a turkey,his son also got a turkey and had 2 misses with his bow.Dad also got his first ever bow kill.The night before there last day the son and I stayed up watching Duck Dynasty all night,so dad had a hard time waking him up.Not a real problem for him but I had to get dad into his blind too.We were all set up under the roost so you know my worry.We got set up and 4 minutes latter I hear drumming.I know it would do no good to say anthing to dad becouse I learned the hard way he couldn't hear me wisper.After fly down I felt him kick my foot making me look his direction.A loan strutter coming in hot.He paid no mind to my jake/ hen set and went to the hen I had set off to the side for a little fun.He pushed her around and tried to push her down from behind with his chest before mounting her,something I never see becouse they get shot before it happens.After the ol boy slides off my DSD dad sticks him and 30 yards latter I tell dad he is getting drunk.Dads first ever bow kill of anything is down!The son tells a tail of equal excitement.He had strutters on top of both of my hens!He shot one in strut and drew feathers becouse he shot air due to strutting but here is where his legend lies.He had 4 more strutters come in 5 minutes latter and didn't shoot becouse he had feathers on the ground!I was also able to wrap a tag around the leg of my 100th bow killed turkey.What a trip.

dewey

Re: First time guiding

Postby dewey » April 8th, 2013, 12:46 pm

Congrat on the guiding! Sounds like you and your fellow hunters had a great time. Dang Duck Dynasty it gets me staying up past my bedtime quite a bit as well.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » April 8th, 2013, 1:55 pm

dewey wrote:Congrat on the guiding! Sounds like you and your fellow hunters had a great time. Dang Duck Dynasty it gets me staying up past my bedtime quite a bit as well.

Dewey

x 2 ..and it's a good thing we don't get Duck Dynasty at our place :lol:
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

rbewilson

Postby rbewilson » April 8th, 2013, 8:17 pm

those duck dynasty guys are great,watch it all the time

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion