Funky chicken???

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
spitten and drummen

Funky chicken???

Postby spitten and drummen » April 6th, 2013, 11:09 pm

Just watched a video with the funky chicken. The thing looks absurd but every gobbler went to that thing just like it was a normal jake decoy. I very rarely use decoys and have some very real looking ones. They are bulky so they seldom go with me. I don't jump on all the gimmicks that constantly come out but as pitiful and fake as the thing looks the gobblers still approached it. What's y'all's opinion on this sad looking decoy. All I know is that every gobbler on this video walked straight to him.?!?
"don't fire till you see the whites of their eyes boys". Andrew Jackson "old hickory"

kygobbler

Re: Funky chicken???

Postby kygobbler » April 6th, 2013, 11:48 pm

That funky chicken looks different for sure. 99% of the time I dont use a decoy and about the only time I do is when I have a younster with me. Here is a post where the funky chicken has been brought up before and some of the guys ideas about it.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18516

Cut N Run

Re: Funky chicken???

Postby Cut N Run » April 7th, 2013, 9:52 am

I watched a subordinate gobbler strike that pose a few times with a dominant bird. It acted like a spectator and was no threat to the dominant strutter. It is bound to work because of the non threatening pose.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion