The countdown

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
ylpnfol

Re: The countdown

Postby ylpnfol » April 4th, 2013, 7:58 pm

very nice, tree, glad to see that crossbow worked for you......sure is a purty bird.....good luck to ya when you go back out.....be safe
David

You never know, unless you go

dewey

Postby dewey » April 4th, 2013, 11:27 pm

Atta boy Gary! Nice looking Nebraska Rio you got there. Morgan I have your email and i will send you updates like crazy if you keep it up, lol.

About 5 days, 18 hours and 30 minutes until my Kansas season starts.

Dewey
Last edited by dewey on April 5th, 2013, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » April 5th, 2013, 1:10 am

8 more days till the slaughter begins
Is it turkey season yet?

dewey

Postby dewey » April 7th, 2013, 8:34 pm

Three more days to go before I am hunting in Kansas. I just need to pack my clothes, hunting equipment, grill, propane canisters, gun, food and head out Wednesday midnight after having breakfast with the wifey and little man.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » April 7th, 2013, 9:10 pm

Leaving at 5 am on Friday for Spearfish. Of course now they're supposed to get ~12" of snow out there on Tuesday, they haven't had more than 3" all winter :roll:

ticklishtompro

Postby ticklishtompro » April 7th, 2013, 10:25 pm

The LTH and youth hunt in the books, with 2 birds down. Call for people the next 2 weekends, then my 1st tag is the week after that. If the warm weather comes for more than a couple days in a row, we will be in buisness!

Randy
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Hips Archery Targets Prostaff
Dixieland Outdoors Prostaff

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » April 7th, 2013, 11:36 pm

ticklishtompro wrote:The LTH and youth hunt in the books, with 2 birds down. Call for people the next 2 weekends, then my 1st tag is the week after that. If the warm weather comes for more than a couple days in a row, we will be in buisness!

Randy

Same here, we need a few days with temps above 45 and no rain/sleet or 25mph winds.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

dewey

Postby dewey » April 8th, 2013, 12:51 pm

44 hours and counting before I am heading to southern Kansas. The forecast for down there is rain the next three days and then clears up Wednesday afternoon which should be perfect as I will be getting there about 6 p.m. Wednesday. The rest of the week's is awesome with highs of 50 on Thursday and warming up to 65 on Saturday.

Good luck to everyone else getting ready to go out.

Dewey

       

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » April 8th, 2013, 2:32 pm

Good luck to you Dewey, bag that old bird from last year. Will expect a full report when I get back next week :D

dewey

Postby dewey » April 8th, 2013, 3:31 pm

Gopherlongbeards wrote:Good luck to you Dewey, bag that old bird from last year. Will expect a full report when I get back next week :D

Fortunately or unfortunately I will be hunting in a different area of Kansas this year. As most people on here now I have no problems providing every last detail for the entire trip :shock:

Good luck in SD Gopher.

Dewey

       

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion