MEARNS/COUES HUNT AND GOULDS SCOUTING

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
gouldshunter

MEARNS/COUES HUNT AND GOULDS SCOUTING

Postby gouldshunter » January 28th, 2013, 8:58 pm

Headed for my friends ranch this weekend in southern Arizona for an archery Coues deer hunt, some Mearn's quail hunting over dogs and scout for Goulds. Besides just one covey of quail between rain squalls my dog was the only one to score on two decent Coues. He found these two dead bucks killed and lost by hunters on a previous hunt. No luck with the Gould's either guess I'll just have to head back next month.

This one is a decent for a Coues.

this one from a couple years ago has a nice set of crab claws and would have been a very nice Coues.

turkey junky

Re: MEARNS/COUES HUNT AND GOULDS SCOUTING

Postby turkey junky » January 28th, 2013, 10:13 pm

that is just sad to see... real lazy lazy deer hunters....

do you not have to draw a tag to hunt goulds here in the USA??? & or have big $$$ & buy 1 at the NWTF auction in feb???

gouldshunter

Re: MEARNS/COUES HUNT AND GOULDS SCOUTING

Postby gouldshunter » January 29th, 2013, 7:50 am

turkey junky wrote:that is just sad to see... real lazy lazy deer hunters....

do you not have to draw a tag to hunt goulds here in the USA??? & or have big $$$ & buy 1 at the NWTF auction in feb???

Arizona offered 34 Gould's tags for the 2013 spring season, yes it is a draw only. To put in for the draw it will cost you $151.25 for an non-resident hunting license plus another $7.50 application fee. Then if you are drawn the tag cost a non-resident an additional $77.75. There is a downside Arizona only offers 10% of the tags too non-residents so 3 tags in 2013.

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion