What's up with Quaker Boy?

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
shaman

What's up with Quaker Boy?

Postby shaman » January 12th, 2013, 4:23 pm

I don't want to start a rumor or anything, but Quakerboy.com just went dark-- not just the forum, but the whole domain.

Anyone know anything about the status of the company?

UPDATE: The site is back up and I heard this from Chad aka "TrophyTracker" on the forum:

When the main site goes down for maintenance, or to add the new product line for example, it takes the forum down as well. No worries, Quaker Boy is going to be running strong and coming Hard in 2013
Last edited by shaman on January 19th, 2013, 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

chrisun

Re: What's up with Quaker Boy?

Postby chrisun » January 12th, 2013, 9:24 pm

That certainly can't be a good thing!
Guns have two enemies...Rust and Politicians. John 3:16

grizzly

Postby grizzly » January 13th, 2013, 8:02 am

I don't know what the status of the company is but i do know i'm not seeing any adds for them lately and i haven't notice any new products in the stores. which in very sad. when i started hunting there were three call makers that were in the stores in my area Quaker Boy , Penn Woods and Lynch all three made good calls and over the years i had used products form them all......wayne

Dixie Belle

Postby Dixie Belle » January 13th, 2013, 1:37 pm

Just saw some Quaker Boy adds on the Sportsman Channel yesterday evening while watching turkey stuff. If they are still sponsoring then they should still be going strong. Maybe they had a site crash or virus or something like that. Here's hoping.
Ted
Dixie Belle Handcrafted Turkey Calls
NWTF award winning calls
Home of the "REBEL YELPER"
Remember "The shade comes free with the tree"

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » January 13th, 2013, 2:27 pm

yeah they have a few adds my self vest a blind & the new turkey thug turkey call line was maid by quaker boy that was new last season... chris kirby also has a major role in the turkey thug T.V. show i see cuz strickland is no longer on the show maybe chris kirby took over??? think they mite be doing some new things with there site???

they are still around there was also a rumor mossy oak was going out of bizz i highly doubt that they are big as ever more t.v. shows then ever & there name or more gear then ever... shoot they sell every thing from trees to hats & shoes...

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » January 13th, 2013, 10:20 pm

turkey junky wrote:they are still around there was also a rumor mossy oak was going out of bizz

Hey TJ, I heard the same thing but some one on here said that they are dropping Russell Athletics from making some of their stuff. If I remembered correctly.
Is it turkey season yet?

stankyolgobbler

Postby stankyolgobbler » January 14th, 2013, 12:36 am

chris kirby does the segment "call thug" on turkey thugs. quaker boy makes the turkey thug series calls and is advertised fluently throughout the show.

chris kirby did the same thing on last year's season in the "call thug" segment. this year, i believe they only took cuz out to focus on the "thugs" themselves

****i dont believe a call company as prolific as quaker boy would be taking a dive anytime soon
-Sage Morris

I like 'em close.....I mean REAL close.

shaman

Postby shaman » January 15th, 2013, 5:54 am

They're back!

They popped up this morning on my screen-- Quakerboy.com

It looks like they were giving the website a facelift.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » January 15th, 2013, 8:17 am

It seems like they might have put up a banner on their site to let everyone know it was getting a facelift. Whatever. I'm glad that they're back up & running. A couple of my favorite calls are Q.B. Boat Paddles and I can't imagine them going away...even though they quit making both calls some time ago...GRRrrr. :(

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

retranger

Postby retranger » January 15th, 2013, 9:34 am

I have a favorite QB call also. It was the first call I purchased,,,,The Grand Ole Master,,,,and they quit making it but have brought back on the market. I also have the little hurricane but just not the same. The grand ole master I use till they are coming good then use the primos freak.

Any body know what is wrong with the smilies? they don't come up in the post any more. :? :?
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion