Great hen fall talk

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
scoot12

Great hen fall talk

Postby scoot12 » November 25th, 2012, 6:26 pm

Guys if a guy wants to hear great hen talk just go out during bow season and listen. Every time out in the morning I heards hens yelping and clucking. They are very vocal and it was great to hear. A couple of weeks ago their was a hen doing the kee kee run for quite awhile. She would do two kees along with one yelp over and over. It is great to enjoy my two loves, bowhunting for deer and listening to turkey talk. Scoot

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: Great hen fall talk

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » November 25th, 2012, 8:38 pm

The fall of the year is your best time to learn turkey talk, because they are so much more vocal than they are in the spring. Gobbler flocks, will teach you so many different calls that gobblers use that you don't hear in the spring time, yes they make them all year and anytime gobbler get near eachother, but in the spring all we hear is their gobbles and don't listen to the rest of their lauguage, so most hunters don't pick up on it. On days that the birds aren't gobbling much, those are the calls you want to be using on quiet or hung up birds. Some day they won't pay any attention to hen talk, those are the calls you want to give them, the gobbler talk.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

onpoint

Postby onpoint » December 11th, 2012, 6:37 pm

Any recordings on "gobbler talk"?
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » December 11th, 2012, 11:54 pm

The only ones that I know of are Lovette Williams recording, but there may be others. I believe TheCallDr's recordings have some good gobbler talk in them also. He is a member here.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion