ameristep ???

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
homunculi

ameristep ???

Postby homunculi » November 19th, 2012, 4:25 pm

got a new amristep blind this year on a good deal but it is proving to be a bad deal,,, this is the 3rd chair since this spring ,,,

i need a new low profile chair that will hold up.. and not be a problem ...
when i talked to them this spring they told me it could handle 245lbs .. i was 235 at that time ...
now this fall .. i am bouncing between 205 and 215 .. so weight is not a problem

where can a look for a good chair that will hold up and be comfortable .. this broke while i had my son out to see if we could get him a turkey
and he cannot be out alone ... he is hunting on an apprentice lic ...
Attachments
chair.jpg
chair.jpg (90.22 KiB) Viewed 583 times

Steve_In

Re: ameristep ???

Postby Steve_In » November 19th, 2012, 9:03 pm

I bought a folding stool with a swivel seat from Gander Mt 3 years ago. It is still going strong.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

homunculi

Postby homunculi » November 20th, 2012, 2:38 pm

do they have something low profile ? my last hunting stool is still good but puts my head in the top of the blind

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » November 21st, 2012, 8:57 am

This is a typical camp stool with a swivel seat. Lower than a chair, but plenty solid. folds up with a pocket and shell loops. I'll try a link.

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » November 21st, 2012, 9:05 am

Here it is. :D
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/p ... 552&r=view
Too bad they are sold out :cry: It has worked for me for 4 years

TurkeyTom

Postby TurkeyTom » November 21st, 2012, 11:30 am

I have a Timber Ridge magnum blind chair. friend of mine got it for me for christmas from cabelas. I think its $30. It doesnt swivel but it has a nice wide seat and its a folding chair with 3 legs so you can still shoot bows pretty comfortably from it. the chair puts you up about a foot and a half off the ground. I use it not only in the turkey blind but when im huntin ducks in the creek. i've had it for a year now and its been underwater, in the mud and muck, and in the snow and it still looks brand new and holds up well. even has a carry strap on it. would recommend it to anyone.
Old Remington 870 Wingmaster 12g

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » November 21st, 2012, 1:32 pm

Maybe you should try an elderly shower seat. They made to withstand a lot of use and don't fall apart. Most are adjustable height from 14" to 21", made with or without a backrest. They are designed to be used wet so they are made good and have a lifetime warranty. Lightweight alu legs and a plastic seat with a 350 lbs weight capacity. The Lumex bath seat comes in different colors, grey, olive green, blue steel, chocolate. They are a no tool assembly, so if you had to carry it far, you can take it apart and put it in a pillow case or a small bag with a piece of rope for over your shoulder? They are built solid and don't fall apart like a lot of the junk made today.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

homunculi

Postby homunculi » November 21st, 2012, 2:10 pm

http://ameristep.com/furniture/10109_turkey.html

is the link to the chair i mean it is low profile

homunculi

Postby homunculi » November 22nd, 2012, 8:20 am

Note my aunt in law had a beach chair in her garage low profile chair I swear this thing for a $10 chair is more comfortable than my $35 hunting chair ... Go figure.....

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion