T&TH Rendezvous

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
charlie elk

T&TH Rendezvous

Postby charlie elk » May 27th, 2012, 4:15 pm

Would anyone be interested if T&TH did a rendezvous?
We'd get to meet, spend time yakking and maybe some turkey educational sessions could be put together. Perhaps by staff, pros or just plain old hunter volunteers.

I would be much more likely to attend a function done outside of hunting time.
Last edited by charlie elk on May 28th, 2012, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Gopherlongbeards

Re: T&TH Rendezvous

Postby Gopherlongbeards » May 27th, 2012, 5:07 pm

I would be interested in either, they both sound like fun.

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » May 30th, 2012, 9:06 am

I certainly enjoyed the T&TH hunt and spending time with some other turkey nuts. Getting together allows for more interaction then an online forum like this does.

However I am not sure I could take off more time to attend such a function outside of turkey season. I push my hunting time to the max now. I would love to go back to N'tl convention in TN, but I don't want it to cost me turkey hunting time and so I have not been back.

It could be a great experience though, and you may draw some more local guys and if I was anywhere nearby at the time you would probably see my smilin face. :D
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

dewey

Postby dewey » May 30th, 2012, 10:16 pm

Gopherlongbeards wrote:I would be interested in either, they both sound like fun.

Sounds like a great idea. I think us guys that are pretty close could fairly easily get together.

Please keep me informed of any ideas of meeting up.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

onpoint

Postby onpoint » May 31st, 2012, 5:52 am

I'm down here in NW FL, but it still sounds like fun :D
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » May 31st, 2012, 8:26 am

If it could be more of a regional thing I think it would work. Somewhere in about a five to six hour drive. Cities that come to mind for me would be Indy, Cincinati, Colombus, Cleveland, Lansing, Ft Wayne, Louiesville, Chicago. Do the Cabela's or Bass Pro shops have a meeting area? There is a pavilion in Huntertown that can be rented for $35 a day, nothing fancy but it has tables and can be open or closed. Shopping for the wife is available in Ft Wayne. I'm just throwing out some random thoughts to get a disscussion going. :D
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » May 31st, 2012, 11:31 am

i am game be part of such a get together a turkey hunter RENDEZVOUS sounds great to me... but i am in the same boat as treerooster on the i spend the max amount of time & $$$ i can afford to spend during the spring turkey season & like treerooster i would love to go & enjoy the NWTF convention down in nashville TN each season but that is a few tanks of gas that can go towards a turkey hunting trip some place i havent been or love to hunt!!!

i would have to say i would be much more willing & able to be part of & enjoy a T&TH RENDEZVOUS if it was part of the turkey season??? like the T&TH hunt was in WI maybe it would be like a kick off the season thing??? this far out in the 2013 season i can make plans to be in a certin neck of the woods at a certin time...???

a few states come to mind with OTC tags & liberal amounts of public lands to hunt... eastern KS, eastern NE,western MO just takes a few tents & the people... they have roughly a 4/10 - 4-17 opening dates so MOST not all would be able to enjoy a early hunt & get together with the T&TH forum members & still be able to head home & open up there home states seasons???

i have hunted MN for years & can honestly say i can use a change of scenery sometimes & i am always game to try a new area especially with good people it sucks to break ur routine but it mite be fun to enjoy a hunt out side of our comfort zone so???

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » May 31st, 2012, 12:44 pm

One suggestion I would make if your looking at doing something like this, you may want to consider doing it at the WI. NWFT Convention and Midwest Call Competition. For the fact that there is a lot of turkey talk going on and there is other things to do there other than just sitting around shooting the breeze.There is the call competition and all the turkey calls to look at, there are seminars to go to, there is the midwest calling competition, and just a lot of turkey people that are all in the same building so there is a lot going on for a weekend all in one spot, with room for get togethers and parties to go to all at the same time.What makes this nice is that it's in Jan. and gets you out of the house when cabin fever is setting in, it doesn't interfere with any hunting and is before the turkey seasons start. All of the top name callers are there from all the call companies that you can chat with and a lot of call builders also.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » June 1st, 2012, 8:19 am

Scott I had thought of that too but I did not quite know how to put it. We could wear our T&TH hats to help recognize each other :lol:
Where is it usually held?
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » June 1st, 2012, 1:24 pm

It's been being held in the WI. Dells at one of the hotels there. The nwtf gives you a pretty good break on the rooms at the hotel.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion