hunting after work

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
sbertram87

hunting after work

Postby sbertram87 » May 9th, 2012, 9:24 am

Hi I am hunting in MN and do the me not having a lot of PTO I can only hunt at night after work until the weekend where I can hunt from sun up to sun down. My question is how active are turkeys at night I get into the ground blind at 6:30pm and season ends at sunset which is around 8:30pm. Will I see a lot of birds? Are they still feeding or on their way to the roost?

retranger

Re: hunting after work

Postby retranger » May 9th, 2012, 10:28 am

If you know where they are roasting you should be able to set up in that area and have birds feeding before they fly up.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

bamabirdbuster13

Postby bamabirdbuster13 » May 10th, 2012, 4:33 am

i was the same way. i work 5-6 days a week from 5am-3pm.so i would hunt a little in the afternoons with great success. we killed 2 birds in the afternoon this year one was on the last afternoon of the season. just get around where they roost and theyll work to a call pretty well. we killed both birds after 5pm.they usually dont gobble as much tho.
Imma give him a headache B.C cant fix

onpoint

Postby onpoint » May 10th, 2012, 7:07 am

Some times gobs will gobble coming to roost if there's several toms competing for the hens. Guess they're letting the gals know where there flyin' up to roost. They also might be wantin' to receive a "quickie" before flyin' up!! :lol: :lol: I have killed more than one in this situation. :mrgreen:
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion