KY Season Review

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
kenturkey89

KY Season Review

Postby kenturkey89 » May 7th, 2012, 10:27 pm

The 2012 KY spring turkey season officially closed this weekend and I have to say, this was my best season ever. I only got to hunt 3 days myself this year, but was lucky enough to harvest two great birds on the first and third days. Even though I only hunted 3 days, I got my moneys worth out of all three hunts. The first bird I killed I worked for about 2 1/2 hours. The second bird I worked for nearly 3 hours and 45 minutes before he came to the gun! Both were incredible hunts and the thing that makes them even more special was killing those birds using one of my glass calls, which is a first for me and hopefully not the last.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here who has offered any information regarding anything and everything turkey related. I've learned a ton of valuable info from all of you and I've tried using it while out in the woods. All of the information has made me a better hunter, caller, and call maker which I believe is definitely the reason I've had such success in the turkey woods the past few years. I love fishing and hunting all kinds of game, but turkey hunting is on a whole other level for me. I have turkeys on the brain year round and I'm constantly trying to learn more about them. I do about 95% of my turkey hunting alone so everything I learn is from trial and error and also from all of you guys on here. Again I just want to thank T&TH for offering such a wonderful website and thanks to all of you for sharing all kinds of wonderful information!! Good luck to those still hunting!!!
Brian

Chief Many Longbeards

Re: KY Season Review

Postby Chief Many Longbeards » May 8th, 2012, 10:06 am

big congrats on a great season, kenturkey!!!!!!!!!
thats gotta feel great to bag a bird with a call you made.

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » May 8th, 2012, 12:54 pm

2 birds, 3 days, your battin .666, damn good any way you slice it.....congratulations
Unofficial mascot for Team 2
Springtime Assassins

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » May 8th, 2012, 8:54 pm

Awesome Kenturkey89!!!! id be stoked if i went out and in 3 days got 2 gobblers. awesome job. your just like me as far as ive learned pretty much by myself, reading turkey and turkey hunting and this website, there are a bunch of great guys on here. :D :D :D :D
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

dewey

Postby dewey » May 8th, 2012, 9:36 pm

Two gobblers in three days is awesome. Congratulations on your season.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion