Season is over in Kentucky!

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
xcal1ber

Season is over in Kentucky!

Postby xcal1ber » May 7th, 2012, 12:32 am

Well this has been an odd season to say the least, but not a bad one, atleast in my part of the state. Gobbling was good for me almost the entire season except the last few days, and I did see turkeys almost every time I went out. I did manage to fill 1 tag and could have tagged out, but due to the early warm weather having the thick green foliage up by seasons start, there was 5 or 6 times I had Toms within gun range but couldn't get a shot. I also called in a bearded hen for my dad which was awesome since I had never seen one and it was my dads first turkey! She also had a 9 inch beard which was amazing within itself! I also called in a Tom this year for my brother-in-law which was also his first turkey ever! All in all it was an awesome season, and it is time for me to go into about a week hibernation because working overnights during the week and going straight to the turkey woods has almost put me in the obituaries lol... Any who, it was truly a great season, but aren't they all? I am already pumped for next spring and now its time to start working on deer spots and fishing! Goodluck to all who has time left in their season!!
There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.
-Fred Bear

Chief Many Longbeards

Re: Season is over in Kentucky!

Postby Chief Many Longbeards » May 7th, 2012, 8:10 am

sounds like you had a great time and a great season, x
and i hear ya about lack of sleep during turkey season. i had to start working nights about 2 years ago and hate it ... except during turkey season. :D

onpoint

Re: Season is over in Kentucky!

Postby onpoint » May 7th, 2012, 8:04 pm

Isn't it great being part of someone harvesting their first bird!!
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion