economic problems ???

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
homunculi

economic problems ???

Postby homunculi » May 4th, 2012, 5:05 pm

as a note of last year with a rainy spring and quiet birds i was thinking it was just the weather ...
but this morning i was thinking as i was listening to reports on the economy and the financial reports .

COULD?? some some hunters be taking/poaching birds to help their freezers for lack of money and work? i know over the hills i hear shots fired in off season as i help my in-laws on their property and well seeing fewer birds on their property as well as other properties ... and one day after leaving the hunting blind i went up to help with the lawn and heard at least 4 shots from shotguns between 1 and 4 pm ... when legal hunting is over at 12 noon
this can be a real problem esp to the turkey population after a possible bad hatch last year if what i am thinking is happening might have started 3 years ago ... because i am seeing fewer and fewer birds in the fields i know i have seen 30+ ... now i just see 3-10 at a time if any .. (and i know it is breading season but these fields usually have activity and the activity is getting few and far between any more .. and the one field i have seen NONE where i know there was 20+ birds every spring and fall

is this plausible or am i just running a muck on thinking ? ? ?? :?

onpoint

Re: economic problems ???

Postby onpoint » May 4th, 2012, 5:20 pm

Anything's possible in this crazy world we live in. During the "Great Depression"hy :( brid turkeys in a county north of us got wiped out. Didn't have an open season til several yrs ago
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

homunculi

Re: economic problems ???

Postby homunculi » May 4th, 2012, 8:28 pm

i just do not know ... the numbers i see are now few and far between .... just making me wonder ...
as i wait till i can hunt legally and use my tag/tags

do not know but if what is going on is what i think is going on the population is gonna be depleted and us legal hunters will suffer and more rules and regs will come down the pike ...

like sad face :(

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion