poaching

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
RCTaylor

poaching

Postby RCTaylor » May 2nd, 2012, 6:14 pm

stopped by a place i hunt on the way home this morning to see if there were any turkeys in the field. sure enough there were 3 toms and some hens. watched them work there way over to a funnel in the woods to another field. then heard a shot. never saw any body come out to get the bird. there was a truck parked on a drive into another mans field. waited 20 min. no body went to get the bird. nice bird. went and got lic.number on truck. then went back and picked up bird.
when i went back to the truck it was backing out the path, fast. then took off. called game warden and gave him lic number. he called it in and it was from another county. warden there found the truck don't know what will happen prob. nothing. he did write me a tag for the turkey and let me clean it .
was a pretty nice guy. hate the poacher kill a nice tom. but he want be eating it..
Clyde

retranger

Re: poaching

Postby retranger » May 2nd, 2012, 7:32 pm

Good Job RC :!: :!: :) Don't be surprise if they get prosecuted :o
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

bamabirdbuster13

Postby bamabirdbuster13 » May 2nd, 2012, 7:52 pm

yea weve had some bad neighbors in the past that used to come i from their line and shoot deer of our side, and that was the best thing u could have done. ive learned there aint no need in being the hero who chases a poacher down.thats got to be the pitts tho that some loser got your bird. there pretty bad around here of shooting strutting decoys in fields from the roads with centerfie rifles.
Imma give him a headache B.C cant fix

fallhunt

Postby fallhunt » May 2nd, 2012, 8:32 pm

I'm sure they will get a ticket or tickets and loose their hunting license for awhile.Thet would in IL. anyway.Good job.

TurkeyJohn

Postby TurkeyJohn » May 3rd, 2012, 8:28 am

Way to go RC,

I bet someone knows that guy and knows what he does, but doesn't say a word. Till now,

Good job and glad you weren't hurt when you retrieved the bird,

TJ
Hobby.....Is there anything other than turkey hunting??

msbadger

Postby msbadger » May 3rd, 2012, 9:23 am

Good job!...surprised..you didn't mention pictures being taken...the bird would have been the evidence and he let you have it...I do hope the prosecute

RCTaylor

Postby RCTaylor » May 3rd, 2012, 10:19 am

He did take pic's of the bird and where the bird was shot.
Clyde

msbadger

Postby msbadger » May 3rd, 2012, 11:54 am

Good deal...Watch the papers...let us know

MAKEemQUIVER

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » May 3rd, 2012, 7:36 pm

Hate to hear that someone poached one of your birds, but good job turning them in. Let us know if anything comes of it.

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » May 3rd, 2012, 10:33 pm

Good for you for calling in that license tag number. At some point poaching will catch up with him. Good thing that bird didn't go to waste either. Keep after 'em and make sure you call the law if you ever see that vehicle around again.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion