my season just might end ...after getting started

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
homunculi

my season just might end ...after getting started

Postby homunculi » April 27th, 2012, 4:53 pm

after the first 5 days of spring turkey .. i get a call from my boss that i am losing one of my employees ... and my one morning guy told me he is called for jury duty ... :cry:

amongst other bits of bad luck like buying a new crossbow last year and the limb being cracked while i was out hunting with it and loaded ... a new blind and the chair breaking ... leaving my hunting area this morning i turned left out of the lane instead of my normal right to go to work .. so i could see what if any activity was going on in the corn fields around the area ...

not a 1/4 mile they have taken one field and filled it with logging equipment .. and logs ... at 3/4 mile they have in a field that is known to be populated with turkey a claw crane and a mulch maker .. and are stripping some turkey woods away :o :cry:
i understand progress but common .. geez too much going on here no wonder why the birds are quiet ...(they could have waited till after spring turkey)

so now i am on the 7 day a work week schedule again not only missing 1 employee .. but 2 ... :evil:
has been hard for the past 3 years to bounce around work to get out hunting my employees here me talk about hunting all the time but when season gets close one of them leaves ..) making it hard for me to be able to go ...

i did not think i was that bad of a boss .. because i tell people after i get them trained and into position i do not really care what you do as long as the work is done.. caught up .. customers happy... .. read a book .. call you wife .. txt all you want just do not ignore customers .. and keep up on your duties
and this on top of possible heart troubles ... that i was in the hosp for and seeing the dr ... ..
heh .. it will get better soon ........

Fan Club

Re: my season just might end ...after getting started

Postby Fan Club » April 28th, 2012, 1:05 pm

Hang in there bro...

When it rains it pours, and then the sun usually comes out again!

;)

The bastards logged out my favorite WMA in Missouri about 3 years ago. I'm not talking selective logging either...they took about 7 out of every 10 trees, you could see across three ridges and looked like a bomb went off. Even took the trees right by the car park where we had our camp fires. A$$holes. That ain't progress in my book, just greed by the state.
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

homunculi

Postby homunculi » April 28th, 2012, 7:36 pm

well maybe greed by the state but there is a lot of things going on with no explanation in my area and nothing listed for development .... .. can i go back to being just an employee with my same pay ... and get the times off i want too .... management sucks i can tell you that!!!! along with other crap ....

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » April 28th, 2012, 7:54 pm

I just turned down a supervision opportunity in February for the same reasons. The new Super is working about 70 hours a week and sending out emails at 4:00 A.M. and 8:00 P.M.

:roll:

I think I made the right choice...
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion