hhhhmmmmm.......

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
msbadger

hhhhmmmmm.......

Postby msbadger » April 26th, 2012, 7:39 am

Living in the woods is great and bad at the same time ...for you hear every thing...and it just irks me...when a month before openers here...you get those dawn single shots :? ...Right now nothing is open and turkey starts Tuesday...but for the last two weeks once or twice a week I get the single shot gun blast ringing across the hill... just as the sun comes up...had one this morning...and ppl wonder why the birds are silent by the time season opens...Thank heavens we have a lot of birds...wish it was just paranoia but poaching is a real problem in this area....never under stand why tagging out is so important that one needs to taint the experience by"cheating" as it were :roll:

retranger

Re: hhhhmmmmm.......

Postby retranger » April 26th, 2012, 8:03 am

If this is an on going problem your should contact your local Forest Ranger and ECO
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

msbadger

Re: hhhhmmmmm.......

Postby msbadger » April 26th, 2012, 9:21 am

They know...last year we had a deer poached off the property 200ft from the front of house....when sheriff came up on a different issue(shooting after hours) I mentioned it...he said ya I heard the shot around 1am...One guy 2 roads over got caught hunting over a sliced open #50 bag of corn during turkey and two kids... one road over got nailed by the DEC turkey sting...shooting out of the car window :(

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion