custom beard and tail fan displays

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
bamabirdbuster13

custom beard and tail fan displays

Postby bamabirdbuster13 » April 21st, 2012, 6:48 pm

Hey im looking to do a few tail fan mounts this year and was wondering if anyone knew of any custom made or a little more interesting tail fan mount with maybe some multiple beard holders or spurs with beards. idk im just looking for something a little extra then what im seeing.if you have a liink to anyone site that sells some cool displays post it.or if u know a site that shows how to build a col plaque let me know ive been tossing around the idea of just building one myself
Imma give him a headache B.C cant fix

maineute

Re: custom beard and tail fan displays

Postby maineute » April 22nd, 2012, 8:04 am

I had a friend of mine make my first bird for a wall mount, he put it on his web site http://allseasonstaxidermy-maine.com/Testimonials.html. I have since shot several nice birds, I had the biggest mounted on an identical plaque, but i had the legs freeze dried and hung on hooks right and left of the beard, My wife hates the feet. I had him do a breast mount on the same type of plaque, this time I had him just do the 1 inch segment of the legs with the spur on it.
If you look on hif photo gallery page he has other plaques he uses for multiple beard birds.
Not really sure if this helps, I like the way they look, I am currently in the middle of moving, but may be able to get pictures of the others if you want.

retranger

Postby retranger » April 22nd, 2012, 8:44 am

Birdbuster I was going to send you a PM but couldn't figure out how to put pictures in it. Try to put pictures here. I do these fans my self. They are not just dried all the meat is removed so no bugs or worms. Send me an email rfr5734@yahoo.com be glad to help you out.
Attachments
scalaped.jpg
scalaped.jpg (76.85 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
clock and or picture.jpg
clock and or picture.jpg (71.82 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

bamabirdbuster13

Postby bamabirdbuster13 » April 23rd, 2012, 2:17 pm

thats pretty cool im thinking about taking the hanger brack off my h.s strut mount and try to do something that allows me to show off about 4 or 5 beards with a about 3 spurr. maybe have the feet on the board behind the beards.. have to get me some red oak home sawed would prolly turn out nice imma run with this.

dewey

Postby dewey » April 23rd, 2012, 3:53 pm

The first display board I believe is from Treerooster and I thought it was awesome so I have plans for something like this someday. The second one I came across a couple of years ago and thought it was a really cool. I might use the second one someday for a really special gobbler or a bad bird that deserved a little extra respect.

Dewey
Attachments
Beardboardwithspurs [].jpg
A very cool display for years of hunting
Beardboardwithspurs [].jpg (97.18 KiB) Viewed 1761 times
Turkey display [].jpg
Singl gobbler display
Turkey display [].jpg (125.51 KiB) Viewed 1761 times
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

kenturkey89

Postby kenturkey89 » April 23rd, 2012, 4:53 pm

This is one I made last year for the bird I killed. It's a larger replica of one of my calls made out of cherry wood that turned out real nice. I got the idea from muddpuppi on another forum.
Attachments
DSC00537.JPG
DSC00537.JPG (86.09 KiB) Viewed 1757 times
Brian

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » May 7th, 2012, 11:37 pm

I was wondering if any of you know where you can get a cape mount board. Ive been looking online for ideas incase I do it myself but have only found a coulpe of pics on google.I have 3 capes drying out and would like for all 3 to be different. If anyone has a web site or pics please let me know.
Is it turkey season yet?

bamabirdbuster13

Postby bamabirdbuster13 » May 9th, 2012, 3:12 am

man them are some nice pieces yall have put togther.. i was going to try to make a sort of small shadowbox with the legs and beards of the turkeys killed this year going across. with a shelf on top and the fan on the top of the shelf with a center piece in the center of the fan coming from the back of my shadow box.. should be pretty cool.... i hope

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion