2nd bird in Kentucky

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
MAKEemQUIVER

2nd bird in Kentucky

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » May 12th, 2008, 2:58 pm

The morning of April 21 i got my second bird of the season and a bird that i was really wanting. Luckily he was on a piece of property where he didn't recieve any pressure. He lived in between two subdivisions and i never went after him until that morning. All year he had hens with him and i decided i wasn't going after him until he lost them for scared of bumping him off of the small piece of property. That morning i drove through one of the subdivisions and seen him all by his lonesome in a pasture field strutting. I slipped into a little woodlot about 70-80 yards from him where i had seen him several times and gave him some soft yelps and got nothing. So i gave him some exited yelps and cutts and he double gobbled, 2-3 minutes later i yelped and he wasn't 50 yards, i cocked my hammer the ol boy come down the fence row in half strut. A few yelps he stuck his head up and i tagged out. He weighed 24lbs., 10 inch beard, and 1 1/4 inch spurs. it was the kind of hunt you dream of. I am just glad the good Lord blessed me with such a great hunt. 
Steroid Chicken how did you do in Kentucky?

STEROIDCHICKEN

RE: 2nd bird in Kentucky

Postby STEROIDCHICKEN » May 13th, 2008, 3:43 am

i limited out in two days....a couple of 2 year old birds...we did manage to take some nice birds altogether..look at the post "kentucky opener" for pics.
congrats on your bird and your successful season.
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventure Prostaff and Cameraman

STEROIDCHICKEN

Postby STEROIDCHICKEN » May 13th, 2008, 3:49 am

it will be under "the photo gallery" there are also some pics of my georgia birds under there too.

turk2di

Postby turk2di » May 14th, 2008, 12:58 am

Congrats on your Ky birds! I too tagged out with a opening day Peabody bird & another one on the 17th in Webster Co. Ky tagged 27,071 birds this season.

STEROIDCHICKEN

Postby STEROIDCHICKEN » May 14th, 2008, 2:52 am

congrats turk2di on your successful season...kentucky has really got the birds.

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion