Turkey hunting makes me tired...

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
1Morgan

Turkey hunting makes me tired...

Postby 1Morgan » April 21st, 2012, 8:18 am

The season is winding down here in So. Carolina. Just a little over a week left. We have a long season (1.5months and 5 tags). The days are getting longer, mornings are getting earlier, family wants me home. I've tagged 2 birds (and missed 2), which is plenty, which makes it harder to motivate. Just tired, lol. Starting to make excuses not to go but still get out the door. The birds have been quite subdued this year, which doesn't help either. The last weekend of the season is usually very active with birds in my area. I'll rest up this week and get back after 'em!! Just rambling here, I'm tired, lol. Good luck everyone!!
South Carolina Low Country

Treerooster

Re: Turkey hunting makes me tired...

Postby Treerooster » April 21st, 2012, 11:42 am

But its a good tired...eh?
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » April 21st, 2012, 12:58 pm

Treerooster wrote:But its a good tired...eh?

Hehe, not complaining!! I just forget every year, until about this time, how much it can take out of you. Lows in the 60's and highs in the 80's don't help either!! It's usually a bit cooler.
South Carolina Low Country

ticklishtompro

Postby ticklishtompro » April 21st, 2012, 1:13 pm

I hear you, only into my 4th weekend here in Wisconsin with 4 more to go after this one, but I will find the strength to continue on!! Time for a nap!
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Hips Archery Targets Prostaff
Dixieland Outdoors Prostaff

maineute

Postby maineute » April 21st, 2012, 1:56 pm

My season starts in 9 days, I would love to be experiencing that kind of "tired" right now.

RCTaylor

Postby RCTaylor » April 21st, 2012, 2:51 pm

I'm through the first week of going every morning and going to work and i'm tired!!!
Clyde

onpoint

Postby onpoint » April 22nd, 2012, 8:51 am

We're done in Fl as of today on got to work one bird a "little" and only heard 2 or 3 more that I couldn't even get close to before they shut up. :evil:
Will probably get that "tired" feeling a little later as I go to Kansas and Missouri for 9 days starting this Thurs :D
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

xcal1ber

Postby xcal1ber » April 23rd, 2012, 12:35 am

I know the feeling.. Working over nights and going straight to the woods will wear you out quick! Can't complain, It's to much fun and I can sleep after turkey season haha.
There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.
-Fred Bear

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion