Got 'em part 2

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
grunt_doc

Got 'em part 2

Postby grunt_doc » May 27th, 2008, 6:35 am

I took my brother out last weekend and got into one hell of an argument with a boss hen, but couldn't get anything in.  A few hours later in a different location, I had (no kidding) 8 or 9 gobblers all around us.  We just couldn't close the deal.  I went back the next day and saw where they were...30 feet away, behind the thick!  Exciting never the less. 

Yesterday, I was out and glassed a jake at the edge of a cornfield.  He was limping pretty bad.  He could barley walk.  I felt that even though I would have rather had a big tom, this injured jake needed to be "put down."  I hooked around through the treeline and got close enough for a clean kill.  He must have been hurt pretty bad because he never even looked my way.  When I got him opened up, his right leg was all busted up.  I doubt he would have made it through the night before something got him.  No idea how it happened.  I think I made the right choice.

I still can't believe that I took 2 turkeys on my 1st season!  Fall is going to be busy!  Turkey, duck, goose, deer....my poor wife. 

Doc

Singin

RE: Got 'em part 2

Postby Singin » May 27th, 2008, 11:43 am

Good job on shooting the Jake. No need to let them suffer.

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion