fired up this morning!!...

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
msbadger

fired up this morning!!...

Postby msbadger » April 20th, 2012, 5:51 am

So as I was cruising the net this morning when I hear a Tom let loose around 700yards away...and he is just hammering it...I thought I heard some light yelping between him and I...but then the exhaust fan for water heater kicked in ..go to get some coffee and come back and he lets loose near by ...so I grab the binoculars and see he is just hauling up through the woods headed my way...stopping every so often to gobble....Using the food plot trail as his route he comes right up and walks past the house.... So I know my plan works some times and on turkeys...I made a trail that goes from the back of property...in the middle and winds through to take them across the street to our property there and lots of plots...water..and cover...keeping them away from the hunting properties on either side :D
Wow....10 more days to go...and the youth hunt is this weekend...that boy has the biggest rope I've seen in a long time and thick too...mild winter was good to the old beards for sure...wish I'd gotten video but he was really moving...I think he walked right by some hens...headed across the street...maybe to the new HSG and clover plot I planted last month? :D It's going to be a long weekend and longer 10 days

kygobbler

Re: fired up this morning!!...

Postby kygobbler » April 21st, 2012, 10:36 pm

Good luck on getting him, must be nice to be able to sit on the front porch and get one. :lol: Are you going to be able to take a young person hunting this spring?

msbadger

Re: fired up this morning!!...

Postby msbadger » April 22nd, 2012, 7:01 am

:D Lol thats not far from the truth if I rolled that way...but prefer one of many blinds or the portable chair blind...but..the pic below was from my kitchen door a couple of weeks ago ;)

No I wish I could.... this is the youth weekend and it has rained for two days and the temp is 35 degrees...I haven't heard a peep since Friday....I do not know one young person under the age of 24..Everyone had kids about the same time and they aren't having or having kids in their late twenties to early thirties....
Attachments
IMG_0710.JPG
IMG_0710.JPG (29.68 KiB) Viewed 45 times
IMG_0708.JPG
IMG_0708.JPG (46.3 KiB) Viewed 45 times

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion