ameristep blinds ... and being pissed ..

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
homunculi

Re: ameristep blinds ... and being pissed ..

Postby homunculi » April 24th, 2012, 7:40 am

tex3012 wrote:Heres a blind chair Rated to 300lbs for $30 Bucks..

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Timber-R ... l+Products

too tall for the blind ....

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » April 24th, 2012, 8:11 am

How low of a chair do you need? If you need a special size chair to sit in that blind, I'd be gettin rid of it. Any blind I'd even seen you can use most any chair to sit in it, from a stool to any folding chair. If that blind has to have a real low chair to sit in them why not just sit on the ground?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

homunculi

Postby homunculi » April 24th, 2012, 11:52 am

it is a low profile chair ... that is all i know the 3 leg chair is as tall as my old char and the blind is 54" tall
here is a link to one
http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-AME3290

got it on a deal for 90 bucks ... and a chair came with it .. i was happy till it broke on me ...
i guess this is what i get for trying to save a few dollars .. .

msbadger

Postby msbadger » April 24th, 2012, 1:14 pm

I bought a little red stool like that at a dollar store for $4.00 to carry during gun season at camp...you shouldn't have a hard time finding one as a back up....

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » April 24th, 2012, 7:39 pm

That blind looks like it would handle most any chair. Being that it's only 54 high, they give you a low profile chair to give you a little extra room for shooting a bow, but with a shotgun or xbow you shouldn't have a problem? I'd look at a goodwill store for one of those fold open metal chairs that they use in a gym or banquet hall, they support a heavier person just fine, and if you want a lower profile cut the legs off at the cross braces, that would give you good support and wouldn't sink in the ground, and it would drop the chair about 6-8".
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

homunculi

Postby homunculi » April 24th, 2012, 7:53 pm

WillowRidgeCalls wrote:That blind looks like it would handle most any chair. Being that it's only 54 high, they give you a low profile chair to give you a little extra room for shooting a bow, but with a shotgun or xbow you shouldn't have a problem? I'd look at a goodwill store for one of those fold open metal chairs that they use in a gym or banquet hall, they support a heavier person just fine, and if you want a lower profile cut the legs off at the cross braces, that would give you good support and wouldn't sink in the ground, and it would drop the chair about 6-8".

just got the new chair from ameristep today ... little higher than the lounger that came with the blind ... but what can i say .. till it preforms in the field .. i am going out again in the morning .. and i hope to have a tom in front of me instead of a big old hen ... (and still patting myself on the back for not shooting the head when i seen it and letting myself get a better view of what i was shooting at) ...
i have hopes to get a tom in the morning but i just got to be there at the right time to get me a tom ... ...
i hope this new chair works out and i can kill me a nice tom to add to my collection and to the freezer ... :D

homunculi

Postby homunculi » April 26th, 2012, 2:11 pm

got the new chair and it is working great .. almost to comfortable to stay awake in ..

went out this morning got to the blind and heard toms roost gobbling and i was in a hurry to get out to my blind i forgot my coffee and my shells ... being in such a hurry to get out to the blind retrieved coffee and shells loaded up threw the safe on got to my blind just as some light started coming about ..

the pine needles and leaves were all scratched away where the turkey were not even a foot from the front of my blind ... doing my best to get inside and set up i spill a little coffee on my box call (thanks to my old jacket i had chalk with me in the pocket .. still hearing them gobble from the roost over in the valley i hit a few yelps got a gobble ... yelp again .. gobble ... few min later crows start up and it went quiet ...

about 7:30 was all quiet .. no yelping .. nothing but the woodpeckers .. a crow hear and there morning dove and squirrel moving around ...

so i will try again in the am for a few hours ... .. 2 out of the three mornings i have been out have had rain before dawn .. kinda reminding me of last year .. but i still have hope and still have time to bag one ...

good luck everyone ..

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion