ameristep blinds ... and being pissed ..

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
homunculi

ameristep blinds ... and being pissed ..

Postby homunculi » April 18th, 2012, 8:19 pm

ok i bought a new blind ... well it went well for the 1st day .. till the chair broke ... just a pop rivet no biggie ... ya think ..
well e-mailed the seller and the chair they sent me is broke in the same place ... ... re-rigged the chair and the back gave out ... the chair i found out today is only rated for 200 lbs .... and it had no weight limits on the box ...
spring turkey opens here on monday the 23rd ... and i am without a chair .. well i have one but it sits to high to see out of the blind ...

turns out i called ameristep and the chair is rated for 200lbs .. "IT SAYS THAT NO WHERE ON THE BOX"

ok i am 5' 10" and about 230lbs fully clothed .... since when did i become a fat @ss and too heavy for hunting equipment ...

well looking for a new chair while i wait for ameristep looks like i have to spend over $200 to get a chair to support my 230lbs and buy a chair that can support 300+lbs

if i would have known this .. i would not have bought a blind / chair combo i would have gotten a bigger blind and a good chair :|
Last edited by homunculi on April 19th, 2012, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cut N Run

Re: amerisrep blinds ... and being pissed ..

Postby Cut N Run » April 18th, 2012, 8:53 pm

What height chair are you looking for? There are several different models sold at Mack's, including a heavy duty model (a buddy of mine uses because he's bigger than you) that works well. They're built close to the ground though.

Since you're in a blind it doesn't need to be camo, right? Maybe someplace like REI has something that might work? I hope you get it figured out in time to get a lot of comfortable hunting time in. Good luck.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

dewey

Postby dewey » April 18th, 2012, 10:20 pm

That sucks that the chair is only rated for 200 pounds, heck I am 210 so that would make me too heavy. Can you bring the blind and chair back and return it? Like Jim said since the chair is in a blind it doesn't need to be camoflauged, my hunting chair is a fold up camping chair from Gander Mountain. Even if it is rated for 200 pounds the chairs strength should have a significant safety factor built into it.

Good luck with the chair and the blind. If you want a blind recommendation I would happily recommend the one I got plus it is only about $60. I have been using mine for 4 years and I have been very happy with it.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

msbadger

Postby msbadger » April 19th, 2012, 6:47 am

You would think ...I mean we're are not talking ppl going to tea parties...it's ppl that are usually carrying lots of weight in equipment as well as mostly male and bigger in stature and muscle mass...I make my own chairs...
Attachments
IMG_0181.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG (265.16 KiB) Viewed 238 times

homunculi

Postby homunculi » April 19th, 2012, 8:00 am

well i called off my morning scout because ameristep said they would be calling me about 8 am this morning and the last thing i was is my cell phone ringing if i am near any birds ...

i looked the box over and called the seller and they looked at the new box and could not find a weight limit on their box either ...
i know i am a fat @ss i hear it enough but i did not think i was too bad at 5' 10" and 230lbs ...
the chair is a low profile turkey chair for the tome taker II blind ,,, it is 60"x60" and 54" tall my other hunting stool fits in there but i cannot see out of the side windows just the front 2 and i am bending down to do that ...

here is the pics
Attachments
img_0079.jpg
front rivet that gave away
img_0079.jpg (2.15 MiB) Viewed 233 times
img_0080.jpg
the backrest
img_0080.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 233 times
img_0082.jpg
img_0082.jpg (1.76 MiB) Viewed 233 times

homunculi

Postby homunculi » April 19th, 2012, 2:15 pm

just got off the phone with ameristep they are sending the turkey stopper chair to me as a replacement ,,

http://ameristep.com/furniture/10109_turkey.html

and this one is rated at 200lbs as well .. but they say they have a guy in QC that is about 240 and the chair handles his weight...

how come i have rthe feeling i will be out in a week or two looking for a new chair ? :|

kygobbler

Re: ameristep blinds ... and being pissed ..

Postby kygobbler » April 21st, 2012, 10:49 pm

hey homunculi, is that the gobbler lounger in the pic? Its hard to tell with the pic being so big.
Is it turkey season yet?

msbadger

Postby msbadger » April 22nd, 2012, 7:12 am

If you rt click pic and then click view image...a smaller version pops up...but you then have to hit the back arrow to got to thread...any ways ...Yep that broke but good...good luck with the company helping...my chair was an old beach chair I covered in vinyl clothe put a strap on it and sling it over my shoulder..cost me $4.00 to make if I recall

homunculi

Postby homunculi » April 22nd, 2012, 9:58 am

said my chair would be here by saturday .... it is sunday ... opening day is tomorrow :evil:

tex3012

Postby tex3012 » April 23rd, 2012, 8:41 am

Heres a blind chair Rated to 300lbs for $30 Bucks..

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Timber-R ... l+Products
--------------------
twitter @fishinreport
-------------------

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion