So easy a kid can do it

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
shaman

So easy a kid can do it

Postby shaman » November 15th, 2008, 1:04 am

My #3 son is 10 this year, and he's a fairly accomplished caller.  We were out for Kentucky's Fall Shotgun Season-- kind of a mixed turkey/squirrel hunt.  Mooseboy, his older brother, was along. Moose got into some serious squirrel. Meanwhile ,#3 and I were tangling with some fall birds.

Season: Kentucky Early Shotgun Season
Firearm: Angus (10): New Haven 485B in 20 GA, Full Choke. 
Mooseboy (16): Mossberg 500 in 12 GA, Turkey Choke
Calls: Angus: Brian's special super-custom Heirloom Single Barrel Glass with the turquoise inlays
the shaman: Heirloom Double-Barrel
Mooseboy: Heirloom Dixie Darlin' box call.

Here's the rest of the story:

Angus' First Fall Bird

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

hoosierhunter

RE: So easy a kid can do it

Postby hoosierhunter » November 15th, 2008, 4:09 am

Congratulations Shaman, and to your sons also, especially that very relaxed young fella in the pic. The time in the field with the young uns is priceless. I just got back from opening morning firearms here in In. with my son Conner. It was very nasty conditions, rain, 20 mph winds and 34 degrees, yet the time we had together in the blind was what it really is all about. Once again, good goin fellas!

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE!
                                                                            L.K.LESLIE
                                                           HOOSIER HUNTER CUSTOM CALLS
                                                           MOSSY OAK PRO STAFF   

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » January 5th, 2009, 11:56 am

Shaman,...I missed this post on the first go-round.  Great story, pictures, and website.  Good to have you here to contribute.
Jim

silvestris

Postby silvestris » January 5th, 2009, 12:40 pm

How wonderful.  Way to go young men.
Why be good when you can B-Mobile or Spin & Strut.

greyghost

Postby greyghost » January 5th, 2009, 1:06 pm

A big congratulations to Angus and a proud father. Great classic looking picture also.

Earl

shaman

Postby shaman » January 6th, 2009, 7:34 am

Thanks a bunch. I passed this along to Angus.

We ate his bird over the weekend-- had a big wild game feast at the house with my sons und der vimmin -- Angus, only 10 decided to come stag. I used Kroger Lemonade and Kroger Cajun Spice done up in the blender as my injection marinade-- Wunderbar! Der Stoff der Träume.

There was curried squirrel, venison ribs, venison roast, and fried fried turkey. A good time was had by all.

I also talked with my buddies at Heirloom Turkey Calls.  Angus did such a good job as their junior pro-staffer this past year I think they're going to send him some more calls to review. Shhh! Don't tell the little critter, it'll just make his head swell.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion